The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the city and is responsible for maintaining all city records. In addition, the clerk’s office prepares, maintains, and files all records, ordinances, resolutions, and official documents that pertain to the city.
The City Clerk’s office provides the following services:
- Acts as custodian of all documents for the city, which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer of the city
- Acts as custodian of the City Seal
- Acts as the local election authority
- Issues all licenses and permits, and payments made thereon
- Keeps record of all Ordinances and Resolutions by title, and in their entirety shall be maintained and available for review
- Keeps records showing title, name, address, and phone number of all officers of the city
- Maintains an official calendar for municipal use only showing all duties the city must perform on specific dates by law
- Notary Public
In addition to the above-mentioned duties, the clerk shall perform such duties and functions as required by law.
Mortgage Foreclosure Notices
Pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/15-1503 and 735 ILCS 5/15-1508, Notices of Foreclosure for residential real estate mortgages on property located within the corporate limits of the City of Marion, Illinois shall be sent to the City Clerk.
618.997.6281 | 1102 Tower Square Plaza Marion Illinois 62959 | email@example.com