Our Valuable Team Members
We Are Here To Serve You
WELCOME TO MARION and THE MARION WATER DEPARTMENT!
Hours of Operation:
• Monday—Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 1102 Tower Square Plaza, Marion, IL 62959.
The telephone number is 618-993-5610.
• In order to establish residential water/sewer service, a security deposit of $100.00 is required, along with a photo ID, and social security card. A 24-hour notice is needed to begin service. If the water is not on at the address, someone needs to be present when the service technician arrives to turn on the water.
• This deposit cannot be used against a late bill; however, it can be used against your final water bill. Or, you may choose to receive a refund of your deposit in full once the final bill has been paid in full.
• A minimum water and sewer bill is $28.83 which is for usage of up to 2,000 gallons per billing cycle. The cost increases in accord with personal usage.
• All bills are mailed out by the fourth week of each month and reflect charges for the previous four-six weeks of service usage.
• If you do not receive your water bill in a timely manner, you may call the Water Office and inquire as to the billed charges for the current billing cycle. If your bill is being mailed to the correct mailing address and you have not received it, contact the Post Office and make an inquiry.
Payment is due by the 16th of each month in order to prevent a late charge. Payments made between the 17th and 25th of each month reflect a 10% late fee added to the monthly bill.
• If payment is not received by the close of business on the 25th of the month, steps will be taken to have your water service disconnected.
• If water service is scheduled for disconnection due to non-payment, there is a $30.00 reconnect fee. In addition, any outstanding bill or bills must be paid.
Payment of Bills: Bills can be paid in any of the following ways:
• Bank draft (ACH): automatic withdrawal from your checking account two business days before the due date every month for free. The form can be obtained at the Water Office. Please also provide a voided check.
• By smart phone app: iTunes- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/city-of-marion-il/id978829252?mt=8
• Online payment: Visit The City of Marion website at http://www.cityofmarionil.gov. Click the “LIVE” header, and then scroll down to “Pay Your Water Bill.” There is a $2.75 processing fee for all payment transactions.
• By phone: call 618-993-5610, select Option 2 to pay using our 24hr phone pay system. It’s only $2.75 to use your checking account or debit/credit card transaction!
• By check (or money order): pay in person or mail to the Marion Water Dept, or drop in either night deposit boxes located at the front of Marion City Hall and behind it as a freestanding box that you can drive up to!
• Cash: when paying in person at the Water Office.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the office, Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm at (618)993-5610.
1102 Tower Square Plaza
Marion, IL 62959