HUB Recreation Center
POSITION TITLE: Youth Development Manager
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Part-time Non-Exempt (Non IMRF- under 999 hours annually)
SUPERVISOR: Youth Coordinator
NATURE OF WORK:
The Youth Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Youth Coordinator in organization, management, administration, and supervision of all aspects of The HUB Recreation Center’s Child Watch, Camp, and After School programming. They are to provide a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for youth members and program participants. He/she must meet and greet parents, assist in registration at each visit, see that parents receive and understand the policies of the Child Care Department, build positive relationships with members and youth, implement age-appropriate activities, and follow policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work as a support staff to the Youth Coordinator
- Effectively supervise all participants and children enrolled in Child Watch as well as the After School and Camp programs.
- Monitor students and pick up on the bus at in town Marion Elementary grade schools for After School.
- Responsible for keeping chaos at a minimum and children under control.
- Communication with parents about programming, questions, or any issues that arise.
- Assist in programming as well as program scheduling and working with other departments in the building to set up and share all areas of the HUB.
- Assist with working with other buildings in the community to facilitate outings and activities off site and on location.
- Work with the computer system and registration programs to put in registration information for programs.
- Assist with organization and maintain count of supplies for activities, craft supplies, and snacks.
- Responsible for keeping toys, equipment, and area properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Facilitate games and activities for all After school, Camp, and Child Watch participants.
- Help maintain proper financial reports and attendance records for all participants.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- Greet all members of The HUB upon entering Child Watch or arriving for programming.
- Advise parents immediately if a child shows signs of illness. *See sick policy
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records and medicine logs.
- Ensure that all participants are properly signed in and out by a parent or guardian.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have experience working with children between the ages of 6 months to 13 years. Must love working with children. Must be minimum of 17 years of age, have the ability to effectively communicate to young children, and be familiar with age appropriate disciplinary procedures and policies. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
WORK SCHEDULE: During the school year, the employee needs to be available from 2:30PM until 3:30PM. The rest of the work schedule is as scheduled by supervisor.
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois. Employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionilgov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer