Notice of Construction
What: New sanitary sewer main.
- North Market Street from DeYoung south to White street. New line will lay under the sidewalk on the West side of North Market. Each lot will be provided a 4-inch lateral located to the property line.
- Between North Market and Madison Streets along the South edge of Stockton Street. Each lot will be provided a 4-inch lateral located to the property line.
- Along Madison Street from Stockton to Charles Street. Each lot will be provided a 4-inch lateral located to the property line.
- Optional lines on White Street from Vanburen to the east and a new line on Campbell Street from Madison west to a new manhole. These lines are planned if funds are available.
When: Construction is scheduled to begin in early October, 2019
Details of work:
- The bulk of this job is on City road Right-of Way (under sidewalks and in the road.)
- The trenches for this job are deep and there will be a lot of dirt that will be piled up. Excess dirt will be hauled off.
- To facilitate the construction process equipment may enter yards. As the contractor moves across driveways there may be some inconveniences entering and exiting for a day or so. We will do our best to communicate with homeowners of daily activities adjacent to their property. Any damage to lawns will be cleaned up and repaired to the property owner’s specifications ASAP.
- Sidewalks will be replaced to ADA specifications after the new sanitary line is installed.
Contact information for this Job:
- Utility inspector Mike Abney 618-364-6568
- Wastewater Superintendent Brent Cain 618-922-5363
- Construction engineer Clarida-Ziegler 618-993-6411