AGENDA FOR October 14. 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No.3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the hire of Kayla Baker- Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour, an existing budgeted position.
Approve the hire of Cameron Patterson – Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Fitness Attendant
$9.00/hour, an existing budgeted position.
Approve the hire of Clayton Bierman- Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Custodian $9.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour, an existing budgeted position.
B. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve construction pay application #6 for $117,233.77 representing 72% completion of project.
C. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation by the Police Chief to hire Steven Douglas and Timothy Watson as
part-time dispatchers filling two vacated positions at $21.06/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation by Police Chief Fitts to hire retired Illinois State Police Trooper Phil Jeralds as School Security Officer at $20 per hour with no benefits, to be reimbursed by Unit #2. He will be working Mondays and Tuesdays.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Approve payment of Invoice 5173 dated 10/1/19 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for November
1) Approve minutes from Regular Council Meeting September 23, 2019.
1) Approve the resignation of Shannon Chrostoski as Librarian I effective September 19, 2019.
1) Approve Ordinance 3574 annexing property contiguous to Adams School.
2) Adopt TIF Resolution 2019-18 allowing the eligible costs for the North Market sewer project to be included in the Residential TIF 1 public redevelopment project.
3) Approve Ordinance 3572 amending ordinance 3567 providing an updated definition for a “Licensed
Video Gaming Location.”
4) Approve Ordinance 3575 amending Ordinance 3529 adding the City Attorney to Section 3A allowing for a $1,000.00 purchase limit.
5. CITY ENGINEER
A. Approve Ordinance 3569 authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois to borrow funds from the Public Water Supply Loan Program for the repainting and repairing of the existing elevated water storage tank located at the old water treatment plant.
B. Approve Ordinance 3570 authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois, to borrow funds from the Public Water Supply Loan Program to improve the System by constructing new 6″ watermains, replacing existing high service pumps, pump building, generator and necessary appurtenances.
6. HUB RECREATION CENTER
A. Discuss aquatics filter repair/replacement.
7. TREASURER’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3573 authorizing the City to enter into a loan agreement with First Southern Bank in an amount not to exceed $77,000 for a term of three years at an interest rate of 3.24% per annum in order to buy exercise equipment for the Hub Recreation Center.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
A. Discuss/Approve purchase of parking lot at northeast corner of Union and Market Streets from First
Southern Bank for $33,000.
9. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Open General Liability/Workers’ Compensation insurance quotes.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT