CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, 6:30 P.M. DATE: March 11, 2019
Ordinance – 3503
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 02/25/2019 & Special Meeting 03/04/2019 & 3/7/2019
X EXECUTIVE MEETING – Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X EXECUTIVE MINUTES
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Ordinance 3499 – An Ordinance accepting a subdivision platted as “Marriott Subdivision” to the City of Marion.
1. STREET DEPARTMENT
Council discuss/approve Grant Agreement with Ameren for LED Replacement lights for all Ameren owned City Street Lights. (City billed for power usage)
2. HUB RECREATION CENTER
New Employee Recommendations – Part-time
Kyle Walker, Swim Coach $20.00/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour.
Rebecca Crouse – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Justine Matau – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour.
3. Council discuss/approve demolition bids for the following properties.
a. 811 West Concord Street.
b. 1304 W. Concord Street.
4. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
a. Council approval of resignation of Dena Porter as Technical Services I as of March 15, 2019.
b. Council approval of promoting Amanda Villa to Coordinator of Adult Services at $15.00/hour, who is replacing Linda Johnson who is being promoted to fill the upcoming vacant position in Technical Services.
c. Council approval of part-time contractual security person for Library.
5. Council discuss/approve Travelers Property and Liability Insurance Renewal.
6. Council discuss/approve Illinois Public Risk Fund Insurance Proposal for City of Marion 05/01/2019 -005/01/2020.
7. ORDINANCE NO. 3502 – An Ordinance to add territory to the Williamson County Enterprise Zone for City of Marion.
8. Council discuss/approve suspending work on Westminster Road Project.
9. Council discuss International Residential Code.
10. Council discuss International Property Maintenance Code.
11. Council discuss/approve contract for legal services to engage Goldenberg Heller for litigation on the Hub Recreation Center.