AGENDA FOR May 11, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
Call-In Number: 408-418-9388
Meeting ID: 294 883 146
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Approve Cyber Insurance renewal with BCS Insurance Company at a premium of $11,386 effective May 25, 2020; no increase in premium over last fiscal year.
2) Approve excess earthquake insurance renewal with Snedeker and Associates for $15,039; no increase in premium over last year.
B. JACOB & KLEIN, LTD.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice dated April 23, 2020 for final installment of $5,000.00 professional fee for the establishment of the Residential TIF I.
C. THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LTD.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice dated April 23, 2020 for final installment of $8,111.90 professional fee and costs for the establishment of the Residential TIF I.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice #5316 dated 5/1/2020 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for June 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the April 27, 2020 Council Meeting.
F. POLICE & FIRE PENSION
1) Approve bid from MWM Consulting for $6,200 each for actuarial services for the police and fire pension funds for the 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 fiscal years for a total of $12,400 per year.
G. BLUE VALLEY PUBLIC SAFETY, INC
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 14805 dated May 1, 2020 for $12,763.20 for contract maintenance on the City outdoor warning siren system for the year of 5/1/2020 through 4/30/2021.
H. TEMPORARY SUMMER EMPLOYEES
1) Approve the hire of William Barwick for the position of part-time laborer for the Cemetery Department at $13.00/hour with no benefits.
2) Approve the hire of Scott Crompton for the position of part-time laborer for the Street Department at $13.00/hour with no benefits.
3) Approve the hire of Tristan Hale to the position of part-time laborer for the Street Department at $13.00/hour with no benefits.
5. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve low bid of $714,747.45 from Southern Illinois Asphalt for resurfacing of City streets to be paid from MFT and Gas Tax Funds.
6. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3618 the 2nd Amendment to the Residential TIF, removing parcels not in the city limits.
B. Approve Resolution 2020-32, accepting a grant from the Illinois Housing Development Authority’s Single Family Rehab Program.
C. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2020-33 an inducement resolution with RCSZ Properties, LLC & Marion Center Project, LLC.
7. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
9. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
10. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT