AGENDA FOR March 8, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Jaden Robertson as part-time Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour and Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Tyler Ohnesorge as part-time Fitness Attendant $11.00/hour, Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour, Basketball Instructor $15.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $11.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $11.00/hour, and Flag Football Staff $11.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Bryson Ecker as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour.
4) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Gabriel Kidd as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour.
1) Approve invoice to Wilson-McReynolds for funeral expenses for David Williams.
C. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 5515 dated 3/1/2021 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for April 2021.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from February 22, 2021 council meeting.
6. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3713 vacating a roadway/right-of-way in Carriage Hills Subdivision.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3714 amending TIF I removing one parcel.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3715 authorizing the sale of surplus property to Short HQ, LLC in the Robert L. Butler Industrial Park.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3716 a Hub TIF redevelopment agreement with Marion Center Project, LLC.
E. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3717 authorizing the purchase of 1121 & 1123 Midway Court.
7. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve purchase of 22 portable radios and mics from Novacom for a total of $24,970 to be paid from the EMA budget.
8. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve bid from Midwest Meter for $10,719 to replace a section of water line.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT