AGENDA FOR February 8, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
1. CALL-IN INFORMATION
A. Phone Number: 415-655-0001
Access Code: 182 571 7899
Meeting Password: 627466
CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
A. Detective Sergeant T J Warren requesting a donation to the Copsicles Team for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
A. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
1) Approve the promotion of Caitlin Coale to Librarian 1 effective February 1, 2021; full-time, non-exempt, benefit position.
2) Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire Gabriella Derchy to the vacant Library Assistant position at $11/hour, no benefit, non-exmpt, part-time position.
B. PUBLIC WORKS
1) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Anthony Alonzi to the vacant GIS Intern position at $13/hour; part-time, temporary, no benefits.
C. JACOB & KLEIN, LTD.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice dated January 29, 2021 in the amount of $12,000 for the second and final installments of the professional fee for the 3rd Amendment to the Marion Star Bond District.
2) Discuss/Approve the invoice dated January 29, 2021 in the amount of $2,500 for the final installment of the professional fee for the 2nd Amendment to the North Commercial TIF.
D. THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LTD.
1) Approve the invoice dated January 29, 2021 in the amount of $12,850.45 for the second and final installments of professional fees and costs incurred for the 3rd Amendment to the Marion Star Bond District.
2) Discuss/Approve the invoice dated January 29, 2021 in the amount of $3,781.81 for the final installment and costs incurred for the 2nd Amendment to the North Commercial TIF.
E. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 5476 dated 1/1/2021 for $3,000 for consulting services for February 2021 and invoice 5496 dated 2/1/2021 for $3,000 for consulting services for March 2021.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the January 25, 2021 Council Meeting.
G. HISTORICAL SOCIETY
1) Approve annual donation to Williamson County Historical Society in the amount of $15,000.
7. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve recommendation of Public Works Superintendent to purchase a new aeration blower as a replacement from Aerzen at a cost of $9,387.04. This equipment will be purchased from the equipment maintenance budget.
8. TREASURER’S OFFICE
A. Approve the recommendation of the Treasurer to make annual contributions to the Police and Fire Pension funds in the amounts of $1,217,031 and $720,967 respectively.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3704 ceding unused 2021 private bonding authority in the amount of $1,938,200 to the Southeastern Illinois Economic Development Authority.
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3709 conveying a 2006 Pilgrim Trailer to United Medical Response.
10. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3702 Adding Territory to the Williamson County Enterprise Zone.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3703 directing the sale of previously advertised surplus property located at 1006 S Liberty and 301 S Future Streets to Shane Walker for $500.00 each.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3705 vacating an alley between N. Market and N. Van Buren, maintaining a utility easement.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3708 a redevelopment agreement with Joe’s Pizza of Marion, Inc.
E. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2021-09 a TIF Inducement Agreement with JMB Development, LLC.
F. Discuss/Approve Resoultion 2021-10 a TIF Inducement Agreement with Brad Land Company, LLC.
11. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3706 amending Title 3 Chapter 5 Article D of the City Code regarding hotel/motel and transient occupancy rental units.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3707 permitting the petition of the courts for issuance of search warrants to conduct inspections of property and buildings to promote the public health, safety, and welfare of its citizens.
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT