AGENDA FOR December 23, 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Angela Colby as Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour and Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour, part-time, non-exempt.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Ross Swinford as Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour, Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hour, and Camp Counselor $9.00/hour, part-time, non-exempt.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Chaz Centore as Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Camp Counselor $9.00/hour, part-time non exempt.
4) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to promote part-time custodian Kevin Burgess to part-time non-exempt IMRF hours Lead Custodian at a wage of $12.00/hour.
5) Accept the resignation of Melise Oakley, Membership Coordinator, effective January 10, 2020.
6) Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to consolidate the Programming and Youth Development Coordinator positions into the Membership Coordinator Position and promote Alexis Williams to Membership Coordinator at an exempt salary of $48,000 annually plus benefits.
7) Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to create the Membership Manager position at a full-time non-exempt rate of $14.00/hour and promote Ashley Palmer to Membership Manager.
8) Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to create the Youth Development Manager position at a part-time, non-exempt rate of $14.00/hour.
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the Executive Director to hire Emma Marler and Elijah Dickerson to the position of part-time Custodian at a rate of $9.00/hour.
C. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve Pay Application #8 for the Apparatus Bay Addition to the Marion Fire Station in the amount of $58,558.02.
D. TOWER SQUARE MAINTENANCE
1) Approve bid from Reynolds Exteriors for roofing repairs and maintenance of the Tower for $12,750.
E. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Reappoint Peggy Jennings as Resident Commissioner to a five-year term to the Marion Housing Authority Board.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from December 9, 2019 Council Meeting.
G. SEWER DEPARTMENT
1) Approve low bid of $18,425 from Tru-Bilt to replace storm damaged roof on building at the Sewer Treatment Plant. City will owe $2,500.00 deductible.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Presentation of Police Department Annual Awards
6. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3589 vacating an alley located between Cornell Avenue and Kennedy Avenue that intersects with Princeton Avenue near Little Tractor and Equipment at the request of Justin Ferrell & James Parker.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3587 establishing February 10, 2020 at 5 p.m. as the final public hearing date for the proposed Residential TIF 1.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3588 entering into a sales tax inducement agreement with Crown Brew, LLC.
D. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 19-23 an Inducement Resolution between the City of Marion and Enrico Castellano for properties located in the proposed Residential TIF.
7. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve bid for Ambulance Service Operations within the City of Marion.
8. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
10. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
11. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT