AGENDA FOR September 14, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Karleigh McClaren as part-time Lifeguard $10.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Thomas Shafer Jr. as part-time Personal Trainer $30.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $10.00/hour, and Group Fitness Instructor $15.00/hour.
B. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Matthew Medina to the position of part-time/temporary laborer at $13.00/hour with no benefits; a budgeted position.
1) Approve the resignation of Collin Basham effective 9/22/2020.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5397 dated 9/1/2020 for consulting services for October 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from August 24, 2020 council meeting.
F. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve invoice from ID Networks for annual RMS service agreement for $11,850.
A. Discuss/Approve low construction bid from Ross Construction for $53,300 for modifications at the Marion Carnegie Library using dedicated endowment funds.
6. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve bid from Skuta Construction to install a high temperature liner inside an 18″ iron air line; a budgeted item.
B. Discuss/Approve low bid of $68,100 from Spectra Tech to clean, repair, and coat deteriorated concrete at wastewater treatment tank; a budgeted item.
7. BUILDING AND CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3652 amending the Fire Code by adopting the 2006 edition of the International Fire Code and the 2015 edition of the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3654 amending a redevelopment agreement to add additional developers who have incurred eligible costs within the project.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3649 authorizing a redevelopment agreement with Robin’s Nest Learning Center, Inc. for a project in the Residential TIF.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3650 authorizing a redevelopment agreement with Landscaping by Chris Sollers, LLC for a new project in the Residential TIF.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3651 authorizing a redevelopment agreement with Marion Self Storage, LLC for a project in the Hub TIF.
E. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3653 authorizing a redevelopment agreement with J & H Leasing, LLC for a project in the Hub TIF.
F. Discuss/Approve 3-Way Stop request for entrance to 1310 Norman Road project.
G. Discuss/Approve 3-Way Stop, at the request of adjacent neighbors, at the intersection of Dew Drop and Folgers Drive in Morningside Subdivision.
H. Discuss/Approve bid for demolition of Pali Kai and Marion Daily buildings.
9. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve the execution of a purchase contract for building located at 107 S. Franklin.
B. Discuss/Approve the execution of a purchase contract for property located at 103 4th Street.
C. Discuss/Approve the execution of a purchase contract for property located at 104 E Marion Street.
D. Adopt Resolution 2020-53 a resolution of support for a Community Development Block Grant Program grant.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT