AGENDA FOR September 28, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Approve the request of the Director to appoint Steve Coale to the City of Marion Housing Authority Board to fill the vacated seat of Cheryl Starns expiring 12/29/2021.
B. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve invoice from Asphalt Maintenance for $20,612 for seal coating Tower Square using gas tax funds.
2) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Dillon Peebles to the position of part-time laborer at $13.00/hour with no benefits per the contract.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from September 14, 2020 council meeting.
D. BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
1) Discuss/Approve recommendations of the Board Chair to appoint the following to the Community Center Board:
-Marilyn Tucker to replace David Feth for the term expiring 3/26/21.
-Serena Buchanan to replace Keith Wilson for the term expiring 8/27/21.
-Lisa Wilson, Chair, for reappointment to a three-year term.
-John Holst for reappointment to a three-year term.
-Veronica McFadden Jones for reappointment to a three-year term.
-One other board position to be filled at a later date.
E. WATER DEPARTMENT
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice MN00132700 dated 9/30/2020 from Harris Computer Systems in the amount of $11,794.01 for annual support and disaster recovery service.
5. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3646 adopting the 2018 International Property Maintenance Code.
6. PUBLIC WORKS
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Scott Crompton to the position of full-time laborer at $16.99/hour plus benefits per the contract; filling the position vacated by Collin Basham.
B. Discuss/approve recommendation of the Public Works Superintendent to purchase a utility vehicle from Good Guys Motorsports for $10,398 for use by the Sewer and Street Departments for cleaning waterways and to help with mosquito abatement and grounds maintenance. The cost to be split equally between the two departments using excess unallocated funds.
C. Discuss/approve recommendation of the Public Works Superintendent to accept the low bid of $34,055 from Absher-Arnold Motors for a new 3/4 ton work truck with utility bed. This is a budgeted item for the Sewer Department and will be paid with operating funds.
7. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss and vote to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a zoning change at PIN# 06-14-229-001, 002, 003, 06-14-229-019, 020 from C-1 General Commercial to C-2 Highway Commercial.
8. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve low bid from TruBilt for $10,800 to repair leaks, insulate, and add entrance to storage room; a budgeted item.
9. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3657 Deleting Property Tax Incentive Clarifications for the Williamson County Enterprise Zone.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3658 establishing a date for a public hearing for the proposed Second Amendment to the North Commercial TIF District.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3659 approving the Second Amendment to the Marion TIF District V Redevelopment Agreement Between the City and Crisp Realty Company.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3660 approving the Second Amendment to the Marion TIF District VIII Redevelopment Agreement Between the City and Crisp Realty Company.
E. Adopt Resolution 2020-54 authorizing Mayor Absher to perform certain administrative duties on behalf of the City of Marion in dealing with the federal award from the Delta Regional Authority.
F. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3662 an ordinance providing for the issuance of $10,000,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2020.
10. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/approve execution of purchase contract for properties located at 1104 & 1117 Midway Court.
11. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
13. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
14. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT