AGENDA FOR September 27, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Paul Lembcke to the full-time front desk position at 13.00 per hour; benefit position.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Preston Burgess as part-time Custodian $11.00/hour, and Fitness Attendant $11.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Jaden Scherrer as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour.
4) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Amelia Booker as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour, and Swim Instructor Trainee $15.00/hour.
5) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Ayla Watts as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour, and Swim Instructor Trainee $15.00/hour.
B. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
1) Discuss/Approve raises per schedule.
C. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the hire of Dillon Peebles as a full-time Laborer.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the September 13, 2021 council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Special recognition of Salomon Aguilar for his assistance to the Marion Police Department.
B. Presentation by Officer Jason Plichta regarding a Therapy K9 Unit.
C. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Chief to promote Bradley Thornton to the position of Detective and assignment to the Narcotics Unit effective September 6; pay rate consistent with collective bargaining agreement.
6. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Approve award of bid for Otis Street Watermain.
7. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve the purchase of five properties near Concord/Midway Court
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3747 a Professional Services Agreement with Jacob & Klein and The Economic Development Group to establish and administer a TIF district.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3748 a redevelopment agreement with J & H Leasing, LLC.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3749 a redevelopment agreement with Marion Antique Mall, Inc.
E. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3750 a redevelopment agreement with Yellow Door Builders, Inc. (1012 S. Buchanan)
F. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3751 a redevelopment agreement with Yellow Door Builders, Inc. (1007 Mechanic)
G. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3752 a redevelopment agreement with Thomas Real Estate Enterprises, LLC.
H. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3753 a redevelopment agreement with JECC Investment, LLC.
8. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss and vote to either affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a Variance to build a garage on a vacant lot adjoining the property owner’s home at 1717 Felts Dr. PIN# 07-17-226-002
9. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve increase of budget for Tower Square Renovations from $1.25M approved on 5/24/21 to $1.5M and approve general contractor bid by Samron.
B. Discuss/Approve the hire of Tina Morrow to the full-time position of Deputy 911/EMA/GIS Director at $55,000/year; exempt, benefit position.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT