AGENDA FOR October 26, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
1. VIRTUAL MEETING ACCESS INFORMATION
A. Toll Free Call In Number: 1-415-655-0001
Access code: 126 663 7710
Meeting Password: 627466
CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Approve third quarter invoice to REDCO.
B. JACOB & KLEIN, LTD.
1) Discuss/approve payment of $2,500.00 for the Second Installment of the Professional Fee for the 2nd Amendment of the North Commercial TIF District.
C. THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LTD.
1) Discuss/approve payment of $3,071.62 for the Second Installment of the Professional Fee and costs incurred for the 2nd Amendment of the North Commercial TIF District.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from the October 12, 2020 council meeting.
6. COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
A. Discuss/Approve the Asphalt Art Program.
7. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3666 authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois, to enter into a loan agreement with First Southern Bank to purchase police cars and equipment.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Chief to the hires of Tyson Smith and Aidan Segers each to the position of part-time dispatcher at the training pay rate of $21.47/hour, increasing to $22.66/hour upon completion of training.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/adopt Resolution 2020-56, a resolution of commitment of local funds for local roadway improvements, including construction of new pavement, sidewalks, crosswalks, curb and gutter, ADA ramps, pavement striping and miscellaneous improvements.
B. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3667, an ordinance providing for the issuance of general obligation bonds of the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois, in an aggregate principal amount of $902,000 for the purpose of refunding certain outstanding general obligation bonds of the City and paying costs related to the issuance of such bonds and authorizing the levy of a direct annual tax sufficient to pay the principal of and interest on said bonds.
C. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3668 authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois, to enter into a lease agreement with U.S. Bancorp Governmental Leasing and Finance, Inc., here by known as USBGLF.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3669 a redevelopment agreement with Crown Brew, LLC.
E. Approve the execution of a professional services agreement with Jacob & Klein, LTD. and the Economic Development Group.
9. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve ICRMT liability insurance renewal.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT