AGENDA FOR October 12, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Approve 2021 workers compensation renewal invoice.
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Discuss/Approve recommendation of Board Chairman to re-appoint Martha Stinson, Beth Hamer, Jaclyn Hancock, Wayland Sims and Tanya Miller to three-year terms dating November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020.
1) Approve the promotion of Jason Lence to Assistant Lead Man, back filling position vacated by Collin Basham.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/approve Invoice 5417 dated 10/1/2020 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for November 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from September 28, 2020 council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Approve the recommendation of the Merit Board to hire Chase Rednour to the position of Patrol Officer at a starting salary of $25.46/hour plus benefits, per the contract. His start date will be Monday, October 26, 2020.
B. Discuss/Approve the purchase of two 2020 Ford Explorer with Interceptor package for not more than $33,000 each plus equipment, a budgeted item.
6. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss and vote to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a zoning change at W. DeYoung St. and Walton Way, PIN# 06-15-203-001, 06-15-203-002, 06-15-126-002, 06-15-126-001, 06-15-205-001, 06-15-127-001 from R-A Rural Agriculture to C-2 Highway Commercial.
B. Discuss to either approve or disapprove Jason Powell’s Vacation Rental Application for 408 Bainbridge Rd.
7. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3663 approving a petition for annexation from Parks & Roberts Rentals, LLC for PIN# 06-09-200-010 along North Skyline Drive.
8. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2020-55 supporting the City’s application for an ITEP grant through the Illinois Department of Transportation.
B. Discuss/Approve Blue Cross Blue Shield renewal for 2021.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT