AGENDA FOR October 11, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Kathleen Wainscott as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour, and Childwatch Attendant $11.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Leo Porritt as part-time Custodian $11.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Alli Rodgers as Front Desk Attendant and Cafe Attendant, both part-time at $11.00/hour.
B. MARION POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the hire of Lenzie Summers to the position of School Security Officer per the intergovernmental agreement with Marion Unit #2.
1) Discuss/Approve Harris Computer Systems Invoice MN00136275 dated 9/30/2021 in the amount of $12,324.74 for iCIS Annual Support from 12/1/2021 to 11/30/2022.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5672 dated 10/1/2021 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for November.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the September 27, 2021 council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Merit Board to hire Alek Jiminez to the position of Patrol Officer per the collective bargaining agreement; to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Chase Rednour.
6. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve award of bid to J.M. Jones, Inc. for the 12″ WTP Yard Piping project.
B. Discuss/Approve award of bid to Scott Escue Construction, LLC for the Sewer Extension for Stack’d.
7. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the low bid for a new eXmark mower; a budgeted item.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve the purchase of three properties from JRJ Rentals.
B. Discuss/Approve the purchase of 1246 Midway Ct from McCrary Developments, LLC.
9. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3754 regarding amusement taxes.
B. Discuss/Approve amendment to Farmer Environmental contract for asbestos air monitoring.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT