AGENDA FOR November 23, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
1. CALL-IN INFORMATION
A. Phone Number: 415-655-0001
Meeting Number: 126 784 1610
CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
A. Information Technology
6. DONATION REQUEST
A. Carl Eggemeyer-Williamson County FOP Lodge 197- Cops and Kids
7. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Approve excess earthquake policy renewal with IPMG for $27,196; a $3,091 increase from 2020 due to a rise in overall property values.
B. SENIOR CITIZENS
1) Approve the promotion of Amy Swan to the position of Head Cook/Kitchen Manager at $14.15 per hour, non-exempt, per the contract.
C. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) Discuss/Approve Resolution 2020-57 re-appointing a master developer.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from the November 9, 2020 council meeting.
E. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve invoice 1898 from Asphalt Maintenance for $7,800 for resurfacing of City parking lots and alleys; using gas tax funds.
2) Approve Invoice #22784 & 22786 to Raleigh Ready-Mix for the purchase of concrete blocks to build retaining wall along S. Franklin Avenue.
F. TRI-STATE APPRAISALS
1) Discuss/approve invoice CRMD20046 dated 10/2/2020 for $10,000.
G. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Approve the Mayor’s recommendation to appoint Doug Peebles to the Zoning Board of Appeals to fill a vacancy left by the resignation of Anthony Franks.
H. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
1) Approve Change Order to Ross Construction for mold mitigation for the Library Interior Renovations Project totaling $14,825 using dedicated construction endowment funds.
8. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3681 authorizing the sale of surplus equipment to Lake of Egypt Water District.
B. Discuss/approve Calcium Nitrate (odor control chemicals) supplier for FY 2022.
9. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss to either approve or disapprove a Vacation Rental application for Tim Parton at 911 Virginia Ave.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3682 amending Ordinance 3076A making a technical change to hardware requirements for egress.
C. Discuss and approve or deny Cornerstone Church’s request for a Special Use Permit to build three (3) tiny homes on the South East corner of 2705 Walton Way PIN # 06-15-201-012.
10. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3683 a Petition for Annexation from Bob & Alice McKinney Living Trust for PIN # 06-15-200-002 and 06-15-100-007; all zoned as R-A Rural Agriculture.
B. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2020-58 a resolution considering the Third Amendment to Marion Star Bond District and setting date for public hearing.
C. Discuss and consider bids for surplus property located at 103 4th Street.
11. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3684 authorizing the purchase of real estate located at 300 Tower Square Plaza.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3685 authorizing the lease of a portion of property located at 300 Tower Square Plaza.
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT