CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: September 10, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 8/27/2018, Public Hearing 8/27/2018 and Special Meeting 8/30/2018
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Council approval of Hub Customer Service Coordinator Job Description.
B. Council approval or renewal of Master Services Agreement with Clearwave Communications for four (4) years.
1. Presentation of Officer Kraemer and his dog Zara – winner at Canine Olympics.
2. Demonstration by Marion Jr. High Robotics Team
3. Ordinance 3468 – An Ordinance repealing Ordinance 2332 and setting forth changes to the Purchasing Procedures.
4. Council approval of Job Description for Accounts Payable Specialist: Treasurer’s Office.
5. Council approval to hire a new employee to fill position in Treasurer’s Office – due to transfer of current employee to another department.
6. Council approval to replace a totaled 2015 Ford Taurus squad car with a 2019 Ford Explorer.
Cost of new vehicle $35,715.00 less discount of $6,375.00 less amount of insurance from 2015 Ford Taurus.
7. Council discussion/approval of paving Forrest Court
8. Council discussion/approval of Speed Bump on Suzanne Drive.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
9. Council approval of resignation of Russel D. Rau as Fitness Coordinator at the Hub Recreation Center.
10. Council approval of Part-Time Employee Recommendations
Nathaniel Harte – Fitness Attendant $9.00/hr, Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hr, Café Attendant $9.00hr, Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hr
Quinisha Emanuel – Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hr, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hr, $9.00/hr Front Desk Attendant, Café Attendant $9.00/hr
11. Additional Job Classifications
Alek Jimenez – Security Officer $15.00/hour
Ben Childers – Security Officer $15.00/hour
12. Ordinance 3466 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a First Amendment to the TIF Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Crisp Realty Company. TIF District VIII. (Skyline Dr.
13. Ordinance 3467 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF I) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion, and Rendleman Management, LLC.
14. Ordinance 3469 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of an Economic Incentive Agreement by and between the City of Marion, and Taylor Motor Company.
15. Ordinance 3470 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a First Amendment to the TIF Redevelopment Agreement by and between The City of Marion and Crisp Realty Company. TIF District V.
16. Council consensus for the City of Marion to request the Pony Baseball and Softball International Board to host the Colt World Series for 2020 and 2021.