AGENDA FOR 24 June 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
1) Council approval of resignations of Kathy Spicer and Brian Van Horn from the Zoning
Board of Appeals.
2) Council approval of appointment of John Goss and Leonard Russell to the Zoning board of Appeals.
- b. BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
1) Shelia Morse, who is the Head Cook, is going down to “sub” cook- at a pay rate of
$9.00/hour. Replacing kitchen staff member who may be absent due to personal or sick reasons.
2) Regina Leamen will now be moved up to head cook at a pay rate of $11.29/hour.
3) Kenya Morse has been trained to replace Regina and pay rate of $10.04 per hour.
4) Administrative Assistant Genevia Buchanan has submitted her letter of resignation effective July 19, 2019.
- HUB RECREATION CENTER
New Part-time Employee Recommendations- for existing positions
1) Heather Pierce – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour
Yesenia Wallace- Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour
Sydney Billington- Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour
Mackenzie Marshall- Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour
Juliahna Jimenez- Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour
Benjamin Mescher- Personal Trainer $30.00/hour, Group Fitness Instructor $15.00/ Hour, Orientation Attendant $12.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour
1) Resolution – 2019-15 Council approval of appointment of Human Resource Director Jessica Force as Authorized Agent to IMRF.
Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2020- $2,294.80.
Council approval of Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 06/10/2019.
- OLD BUSINESS
A. Ordinance 3543- Annexing in property owned by Greg and Sherry Starrick at 1604 Windy Hill.
- POLICE DEPARTMENT
A.Discussion and approval to move Part-Time Dispatcher Holly Newlin to Full-Time at $21.06/hour plus benefits per the union contract Adding one full-time position to 13 full-time dispatchers and eliminating one part-time position down to two.B.
Approve increase in the maximum allowed hours for part-time dispatchers to 1500 hours annually from 1000 hours annually, adding retirement benefits.
C. Council discussion / approval of bid to purchase four (4) SUV Police vehicles.
- WATER PLANT
Council approval of bids to build a 40′ x 80′ apron at Water Plant, budgeted item.
- STREET DEPARTMENT
- Discuss/approve addition of 3-way Stop Signs at intersection of Westminster Road and
- Discuss/approve improvements to Forrest Court.
A. Ordinance 3545- Approving annexation of City Property adjacent to Pavilion.
- TIF PROJECTS
A. Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Conflict of Interest Declaration Form signed by Mayor Michael W. Absher.
B. Consideration/approval of instructing TIF Counsel to study and prepare a Professional Services Agreement to determine feasibility of a new TIF District
- MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
A. Discuss/Approve bids for insurance for Marion Cultural & Civic Center.
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Discussion/approval to allow Harvey & Karen Norris to place a double wide home set on a block foundation at 1300 Morgan Avenue. Note: this is not a zoning or variance issue per Se, but Ordinance 2263 requires council approval to allow a double wide within city limits.
- MAYOR’S OFFICE
A.Approve the Mayor’s appointment of Tammy Beasley as City Clerk at a salary of $67,734.94 plus benefits.
B. Approve the Mayor’s appointment of Amy Fosse as Assistant City Clerk at $21.00/hour plus benefits.
A.Discuss/Approve Mayor Absher executing a sales contract with David Schoenecke for the Marion Daily Republican Building in the amount of $60,000 plus closing costs using TIF funds.
B. Discuss/Approve making an offer and having Mayor Absher execute a sales contract to purchase the Pali Kai building for $35,000.00 plus closing costs using TIF funds.
- Closed/Executive Session (if needed) Litigation, Property, Personnel. 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
- MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT