AGENDA FOR July 27, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Sage Grinnell as part-time Fitness Attendant $10.00/hour, and Basketball Sports Staff $10.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Cassidy Absher as part-time Front Desk Attendant $10.00/hour, and Cafe Attendant $10.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Connor King as part-time Fitness Attendant $10.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $10.00/hour, Flag Football Sports Staff $10.00/hour, and Tackle Football Sports Staff $10.00/hour.
4) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Collin Garnett as part-time Front Desk Attendant $10.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $10.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $10.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $10.00/hour, Flag Football Staff $10.00/hour, and Tackle Football Staff $10.00/hour.
B. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Approve the Mayor’s recommendation to re-appoint the following members to the Library Board for 3-year terms:
1) Approve minutes from July 13, 2020 Council Meeting.
D. HUMAN RESOURCES
1) Approve the following employees for the IMRF Benefit Protection Leave (updating return dates for employees that were already approved):
5. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve recommendation of Public Works Superintendent to accept bid of $16,000 from Skuta Construction, Inc. for urgent repair on 15 inch sanitary sewer line.
6. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Discuss and vote to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a Special Use Permit for M. Christina Kell to use 1602 N. Bentley St. PIN# 06-12-382-013 as a partial Healthcare Acupuncture Clinic.
B. Discuss and vote to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a variance at 300 E. Warder St. PIN# 07-19-110-003. Melvin Barnett Properties LLC is requesting a 5′ variance on the rear and 8′ variance on the front to build a single-family unit building.
7. CITY ATTORNEY
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution no. 2020-52 declaring that the unlawful distribution of prescription controlled substances has created a public nuisance and a serious public health and safety crisis for the citizens of Marion and authorizing the retention of Howerton, Dorris, Stone & Lambert and Goldenberg, Heller & Antognoli P.C. to represent the City to investigate and if appropriate to pursue civil remedies afforded under the law.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve a Petition to vacate a part of the Illinois Centre Subdivision.
B. Discuss/Approve a Petition to vacate a part of Homer Reinbold Subdivision.
C. Discuss/Approve the Hill Phase IV Subdivision.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3637 approving the execution of a professional services agreement for the 2nd Amendment to the North Commercial TIF with Jacob & Klein and The Economic Development Group.
E. Discuss/Approve recommendation of Economic Development and Municipal Planning Director to award bid to Title Professionals, Inc. for title policy for Sugar Creek.
F. Discuss/Approve bid for drainage project to route water away from Goodall building to storm sewer using TIF funds.
G. Discuss/Approve bid to add electrical service to the Square, using TIF funds.
9. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3634 changing all regular meeting start times to 5:30 PM beginning with the August 10th regular meeting.
B. Discuss/Approve executing Power of Attorney with Select Energy to negotiate our upcoming Municipal Electric Aggregation agreement.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT