AGENDA FOR February 24, 2020
Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Marytheresa Centore as part-time custodian $9.25/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manger to promote Alana Nation to council approved position of part-time Youth Manager $14.00/hour
B. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Police Chief to hire Caitlin Bullock as a part-time Animal Control Officer at $11/hour; no benefit position.
C. CLARIDA & ZIEGLER ENGINEERING
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 17051 dated 2/5/2020 for $7,756.85 for Project 04148 Marion Lake 2004 Revisions for time from 1/3/2020 to 1/21/2020. Work was for finalizing Simmons plat, providing parcel map of all properties and providing KMZ file.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from February 10, 2020 council meeting.
E. WATER DEPARTMENT
1) Approve improvements to water main along Warder Street up to $30,000 using operating funds.
5. WATER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve bids for 3/4 ton pick-up with a utility bed, a budgeted item.
6. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Gary Rothschild’s request to place a double-wide manufactured home on a block foundation at 1505 N Russell St. PIN# 06-13-126-001, R-2 General Residential Permitted Uses (11-7B-1).
B. Discuss and vote to either affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of Brit Kirby, Brynnlayne Properties LLC, variance request to split 3 lots currently 85’x85′ into 5 lots of 50’x85′ at 500, 502, 504, 506, and 508 S Mechanic St. to build single family residential homes, PIN# 07-19-112-008, 07-19-112-009, 07-19-112-010.
7. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3599 accepting the dedication of a right of way platted as Sioux Drive to the City of Marion, County of Williamson, State of Illinois.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3600 accepting the dedication of a right of way platted as Sinclair Drive to the City of Marion, County of Williamson, State of Illinois.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3604 amending Ordinance 3543, the Annexation of parcel 07-08-400-002 and part of parcel 07-08-400-039 addressed as 1606 Broeking Road, Petitioners Greg and Sherry Starrick and Triple F Farms #1, LLC.
8. RESIDENTIAL TIF
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3601 approving the Redevelopment Plan and Projects for the Marion Residential TIF District I.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3602 designating the Redevelopment Project Area for the Marion Residential TIF District I.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3603 adopting Tax Increment Allocation Financing for the Marion Residential TIF District I.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT