AGENDA FOR August 23, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manger to hire Elijah Odle as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, and Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour, additional to current position at the Civic Center.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Eesha Gowda as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour, and Swim Instructor Trainee $15.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Blanca Albuixech-Robinson as part-time Lifeguard $11.00/hour.
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire Phoenix Odle to Custodian part-time position at $11.00 per hour.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the August 9, 2021, council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Recognition of Officer Codey Strong by Commissioner Barwick and Chief Fitts for actions taken while performing his duties.
B. Recognition of the Marion Police Department’s K-9 Units for their performance at the K-9 Olympics.
C. Discuss/Approve the purchase of an undercover vehicle from Vogler Ford for $20,300, paid with seized drug funds and two trade-in vehicles: a budgeted item.
D. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of Chief Fitts and Commissioner Barwick to promote Sergeant Justin Dwyer to the rank of Lieutenant at $80,000 per year plus uniform allowance, exempt position, effective August 24, 2021.
E. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Merit Board to promote Officer William Huddleston to the rank of Sergeant, effective September 4, 2021 to fill the vacancy left by the promotion of Justin Dwyer to Lieutenant.
6. HUB RECREATION CENTER
A. Approve the Recommendation of the General Manager to hire Joshua Haynes as Full-time Sports and Fitness Coordinator, exempt status, at an annual salary of $40,000, plus benefits.
7. TREASURERS OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve hiring a part-time employee for the Treasurer’s Office to work less than 20 hours per week at a rate of $12.00 per hour.
8. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2021-22 Resolution of Support for the Watermark Auto Group Foundation’s application for funding from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration for the purpose of renovating the Citadel Building upper floors for use as a small business incubator.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT