AGENDA FOR June 28, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Khay Loyd as part-time Camp Counselor $11.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire D’Tre’veouz Graham as part-time Camp Counselor $11.00/hour, Childwatch Attendant $11.00/hour, Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, and Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Dayne Dorr as part-time Custodian $11.00/hour.
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire the following to part-time, custodial positions at $11/hour; no benefits:
1) Discuss/Approve Chastain & Associates, LLC Invoice 7846-04 dated June 15, 2021 for $7,163 for engineering services for the Tower Square Plaza construction project.
D. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Walter Chandler to a part-time, temporary Laborer position at $15.50/hour, no benefits, per the collective bargaining agreement.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from June 14, 2021 council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the City of Marion Police and Fire Merit Board to hire Cassin Fearnow to replace the future opening created by the retirement of Sgt. Mike Baxter. Cassin will be attending the Illinois State Police Academy Recruit Training, August 8 – November 11, 2021. Cassin’s hire date will be July 19, 2021, at the Probationary 1 Hourly Pay Rate of $24.57.
B. Discuss/Approve filling two full-time and one part-time dispatch positions. Names of hired personnel to be voted on at a future meeting. Both full-time dispatchers and the part-time dispatcher will start at the Pay Rate of Probationary 1 at $21.87 per hour, per the collective bargaining agreement.
6. TREASURER’S DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Treasurer to hire an Accounting Technician at $20/hour plus benefits, with semi-annual wage increases for the first two years; a non-exempt position to fill the vacancy created by Rianne Roberson’s resignation.
7. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the low bid for the 2021 Asphalt Overlay Program.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve right-of-way purchase for 5th Street Signalization Project.
B. Discuss/Approve economic incentive letter for ReaderLink.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3734 approving the third amendment to the redevelopment agreement with Marion Heights II, Inc. adding additional parcels.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3735 a Residential TIF redevelopment agreement with JECC Investments, LLC.
9. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve a $5,000 donation to Knights of Columbus for Independence Day event; a budgeted item.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT