AGENDA FOR July 26, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Adopt Resolution 2021-19 dedicating the name of the Public Works Facility.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Shawna Wyant as part-time Fitness Attendant $11.00/hour, Group Fitness Instructor $15.00/hour, and Personal Trainer $30.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire John Biermann Jr. as part-time Custodian $11.00/hour.
3) Accept the resignation of Chelsey Greenwood as Sports and Fitness Coordinator, effective July 31, 2021.
1) Approve the Q2 payment to REDCO in the amount of $21,250; a budgeted item.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the July 12, 2021 council meeting.
6. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Check presentation from ICRMT.
B. Discuss/Approve the purchase of four Interceptor Ford Explorers from Vogler Ford for $133,500; a budgeted item.
C. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Mayor and Commissioner to promote Sgt. Jody Wright to the position of Assistant Police Chief Designee at $85,000 year, exempt position. Promotion effective August 2, 2021 to fill the vacancy to be created by Assistant Police Chief Tina Morrow’s retirement expected in October 2021.
A. Discuss/Approve proposals for production equipment upgrades; budgeted items.
8. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the purchase of a replacement bucket truck for $42,500; a budgeted item.
9. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Pay Estimate #2 (Final) for $10,046.38 for the South Market Street Watermain Extension payable to Scot Escue Construction, LLC.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to upgrade the control panel for the Schreiber plant for $63,900, a budgeted item.
A. Discuss/Approve bids for 72 inch Exmark Mower including trade-in; a budgeted item.
11. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Director to rename the two IT Technician positions to IT System Network Coordinator designating the senior salary at $22.00/hour and the junior salary at $21.00/hour.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire Shannon Benjamin to the junior IT System Network Coordinator position at $21.00/hour, full-time, non-exempt, benefit position.
12. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3736 accepting a plat to be known as Lots 5 & 6, Block 13 of the Jefferson School Addition.
B. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2021-20 directing the the sale of surplus property located at 1205 North Market to Michael F. Heilig for $16,000.
C. Discuss/Approve the purchase of 20 parcels in the Midway, Duncan, Hendrickson project area, from various owners; a budgeted Project Fund item.
13. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3737 regulating yard, garage, rummage, and similar sales.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3738 Amending the Days and Hours of Sale of Alcoholic Beverages.
C. Discuss/Approve an Intergovernmental Agreement with Marion CUSD #2, Williamson County Highway Department, Rides Mass Transit, and the Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge for development of the Crab Orchard Greenway and contribute $100,000 to the project.
14. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
16. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
17. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT