AGENDA FOR July 12, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire Carson Brimm and Paula Sloan to Custodian part-time positions, $11/hour, benefit ineligible.
1) Discuss/Approve Marion Glass and Mirror, Inc Invoice 135287 dated 6/14/2021 for $8,879 for replacing plexiglass in windows at Goddard Chapel.
C. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Library Board
Approve the reappointments of Andrew Wilson and Kimberly Walker for three-year terms.
Appoint Carolyn Loving, to fill the vacancy created by Jon Musgrave’s resignation, to a three-year term.
Appoint Twila Couley, to fill the vacancy created by Megan Tate’s resignation, to a term expiring in 2022.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5604 dated 7/1/2021 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for August 2021.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the June 28, 2021 council meeting.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Invoice # 4389 to Cook Sales, Inc for $13,934 for addition to Marion Animal Control.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Police Chief to hire Colin J. Coriasco as a Dispatcher at the Probationary 2 rate of $23.08/hour, per the collective bargaining agreement.
6. HUB RECREATION CENTER
A. Accept the resignation of Alexis Williams as HUB Recreation Center Membership and Youth Coordinator, effective July 21, 2021.
B. Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to promote Ashley Palmer, Membership Manager, to the full-time exempt position of Membership Coordinator at the base salary of $40,000 per year.
C. Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to promote Alana Nation, Youth Manager, to the part-time non-exempt position of Youth Coordinator, at the hourly wage of $20.00, for a base salary of $30,160 per year.
D. Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire a part-time Membership Assistant, at the hourly wage of $15.00, for a base salary of $22,620 per year.
7. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Award bid for Industrial Park Lift Station.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2021-18 Resolution of Support for a Community Development Block Grant.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT