AGENDA FOR February 10, 2020 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
A. Detective Sergeant T J Warren requesting a donation to the Copsicles Team for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge.
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Caleb Vaughn as Fitness Attendant $9.25/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $9.25/hour.
B. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve low bid for lean-to construction of $14,500 by Jerry M. Barrass Construction, a budgeted item.
C. ZONING ORDINANCES
1) Discuss/approve Ordinance 3595 re-zoning property at 1409 North Russell Street from R-2 General Family Residential to C-1 General Commercial. This property was approved by council to be re-zoned on November 25, 2019 but no ordinance was prepared at that time.
2) Discuss/approve Ordinance 3596 approving re-zoning property on Scottsboro Road from R-2 General Family Residential to C-1 General Commercial. This property was approved by council to be re-zoned on October 28, 2019 but no ordinance was prepared at that time.
D. JACOB & KLEIN, LTD.
1) Approve Jacob & Klein invoice for 2nd installment of Residential TIF establishment costs totaling $6,250.00.
E. THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LTD.
1) Approve Economic Development Group invoice for 2nd installment of Residential TIF establishment costs totaling $29,797.75.
F. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5255 dated 2/1/2020 for consulting services for March 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the January 27, 2020 council meeting.
H. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
1) Discuss/Execute a purchase contract with Manuel Reese for 1009 Midway Ct for $9,000.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Marion, Marion Police Department and other Agencies for use and access to shared services.
6. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Discuss either to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of Darcy Comb’s request to re-zone property at 200 W DeYoung St. from C-1 General Commercial to C-2 Highway Commercial.
B. Discuss either to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of SI Properties request to re-zone property at
PIN# 07-07-300-021 from RH Rural Agriculture to PUD Planned Unit Development.
C. Discuss either to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of Carlos Tanner’s request for a five (5′) foot variance on the front and rear to put a new double-wide at 1408 N Market St. PIN# 07-18-101-003.
7. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve purchase of 2015 XtremeVac from Key Equipment & Supply Co. for $58,500 to be paid from Gas Tax funds.
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2020-10 Resolution for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code appropriating $10,000 of Motor Fuel Tax funds for the purpose of maintaining streets and highways under the applicable provisions of Illinois Highway Code from 1/01/20 to 12/31/20.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3597 vacating right-of-way for roadway.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3598 authorizing the exchange of real estate within the City of Marion.
D. Discuss/Approve Illinois Department of Transportation Preliminary Engineering Services Agreement for intersection improvement at the intersection of 17th Street and Williamson County Parkway.
E. Discuss/Approve purchase of lots 3 and 4 and 15 feet off the South side of lots 1 and 2 of the Second Survey of Marion (301 N Market) from Steve & Connie Ashe for $44,000 using TIF funds.
9. FIRE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve order and purchase of 36 new air pack units and required accessories for an estimated cost of $282,000.
10. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
12. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
13. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT