AGENDA FOR December 14, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
1. CALL IN INFORMATION
A. Call-In #: 415-655-0001
Access Code: 126 979 2692
Meeting Password: 627466
CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
A. United Medical Response
4. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
6. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Elwyn Smith II as part-time Basketball Instructor $15.00/hour, and Basketball Sports Staff $11.00/hour.
B. SENIOR CITIZENS
1) Approve the hire of Kay Davis as a temporary substitute at $10/hour; as needed, effective December 1, 2020.
1) Approve the retirement of Mitch Withers effective December 31, 2020.
D. EMERGENCY TELEPHONE SYSTEM BOARD APPOINTMENT
1) Discuss/approve reappointing Assistant Chief of Police Tina Morrow to a three year term expiring February 1, 2024.
E. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/approve Invoice 5459 dated 12/1/2020 for $3,000 for consulting services for January 2021.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from the November 23, 2020 council meeting.
2) Discuss/approve minutes from the December 3, 2020 Special council meeting.
G. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve change in status for Triston Hale from part-time to full-time Laborer at $16.99/hour plus benefits per the contract.
2) Approve the annual salt contract with Compass Minerals for $77.45 per ton for 500 tons as needed with commitment to purchase a minimum of 80% of contract.
H. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) Approve Ordinance 3680 approving sale of Motel Marion property.
7. FIRE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the Merit Board’s recommendation to promote Mike Boyd to Captain and Lyndon Perzee to Lieutenant effective 12-14-2020.
8. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3691 amending various surface water drainage related ordinances making a technical change to Section 5(D)(1)b and Section 5(D)(2)G.
9. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss/Approve purchase of new vehicle and approve Ordinance 3687 authorizing financing; a budgeted item.
B. Discuss/Affirm or deny the zoning board’s approval of a 7′ variance request from Thomas Bonds at 414 Bainbridge Road to build a detached garage.
C. Discuss/Approve or deny vacation rental application for 1200 Abby Lane from owner Jason Powell.
10. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3688 approving the Second Amendment to the Redevelopment Plan and Projects for the Marion North Commercial TIF District.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3689 designating the Amended Redevelopment Project Area for the Marion North Commercial TIF District.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3690 adopting Tax Increment Allocation Financing for the Second Amendment to the Marion North Commercial TIF District.
11. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
A. Discuss/Approve bid to replace the HVAC system at Marion Carnegie Library.
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT