AGENDA FOR August 9, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Alex Baker as part-time Tackle Football Staff $11.00/hour, and Basketball Staff $11.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Malcom Berry II as part-time Tackle Football Staff $11.00/hour, and Basketball Staff $11.00/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Charlie Jones as part-time Basketball Instructor $20.00/hour.
4) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Amanda Russell as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour, and Childwatch Attendant $11.00/hour.
5) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Vicki Wilburn as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour.
B. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
1) Approve the recommendation of the Director to promote Taryn Sauerbrunn from Library Assistant to part-time Librarian I; effective 8/9/2021.
1) Approve invoice 107286 for annual Questica access for $16,187.50.
2) Discuss/Approve Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Division of Water Pollution Control invoice for Annual NPDES Bill FY 2022 Billing for $17,500.
3) Approve Invoice 195846 for iWorq annual support for Building and Code Service for $11,500; a budgeted item.
D. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Approve the recommendation of the Mayor to appoint B.W. Bruce to the Veteran’s Airport Board to fill the vacancy created by Bernie Paul’s retirement.
E. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice #5561 dated 5/1/2021 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for June 2021. This invoice was never received by the City.
2) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5623 for $3,000 for consulting services for September 2021.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from the July 26, 2021 city council meeting.
G. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Connor Hermetz to temporary laborer position per the collective bargaining agreement.
6. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve recommendation of the Chief to hire Charles Herman to the vacant full-time dispatch position. Mr. Herman will start August 22, 2021 at the Probationary 1 rate of $21.87 per hour.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Merit Board to promote Officer Jason Watts to Sergeant to fill the vacancy created by the promotion of Sergeant Jody Wright to Assistant Chief Designee effective August 10, 2021.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3740 amending Ordinance 3102 Creating a Lieutenant Position in the Police Department.
D. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3739 a borrowing agreement with Banterra Bank to finance the purchase of four squad cars and equipment.
E. Approve the recommendation of the Police Chief to hire Mike Haynes and Clyde Ramage as a new School Security Officers at the pay rate of $20.50 per hour starting after the school year begins.
7. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2021-21 authorizing the Mayor to approve Market Street Hall project costs.
8. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
10. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
11. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT