AGENDA FOR August 10, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Austin Shadowen as part-time Lifeguard $10.00/hour.
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Discuss/Approve recommendation of Board Chairman Yolonde Peterson to appoint Marion High School student Victoria Shore to the board for 2020-2021.
2) Discuss/Approve recommendation of Vice Chairman to reappoint Yolonde B. Peterson as Board Chairman.
C. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
1) Approve 2020-2021 appropriation to Greater Egypt Regional Planning & Development Commission for $4,298.25.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice 5371 dated 8/1/2020 for Consulting Services for September 2020 in the amount of $3,000.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from July 27, 2020 Council Meeting.
1) Discuss/Approve payment of Illinois Heartland Library System Invoice No. 2021-0681 dated 7/15/2020 for FY2021 SHARE Membership Fee (7/1/2020 – 6/30/2021) in the amount of $10,681.87.
1) Discuss/Approve Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Invoice for $17,500 for Annual NPDES Fee for the period 7/1/2020 – 6/30/2021.
1) Discuss/Approve Questica Ltd. Invoice #INV103366 dated 5/27/2020 in the amount of $14,500 for annual subscription and software service for the period 8/15/2020 – 8/14/2021.
I. GREATER EGYPT REGIONAL PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
1) Discuss/Approve appropriation of $4,298.25 for October 2020 to September 2021.
J. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to hire Austin Dickson to the position of Part-Time Laborer at $13.00/hour with no benefits; a budgeted position
5. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Discuss/Approve low bid of $24,701.25 from Barnett Electric to add/upgrade electrical service to the Square, and the purchase of six portable power stations at a cost of $5,048.75 each, for a total project cost of $57,510.75, using TIF funds.
6. FIRE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the Police & Fire Merit Board’s recommendation to hire Colton Griffy at $15.00/hour plus benefits per the contract.
A. Discuss/Approve bids for new Exmark 72-inch mower; a budgeted item.
8. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the purchase of a replacement patrol vehicle from the Missouri Highway Patrol Fleet Program for total purchase and equipment not to exceed $33,000; a budgeted item.
9. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss and vote to affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of a zoning change at 1702 N State St. PIN# 07-07-351-001 and 1704 N State St. PIN# 07-07-301-007 from RH Rural Agriculture to C-1 General Commercial.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3638 amending Ordinance 1148 providing a technical change to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3639 amending Ordinance 1972 providing for a deposit to any contractor applying for a demolition permit to ensure work is completed in full.
D. Discuss Ordinance 3641 amending the Non-Owner Occupied Housing regulations to include contract for deeds.
E. Open/Review/Accept sealed bids for City owned properties advertised for sale.
10. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3640 authorizing a redevelopment agreement with JM Vision, LLC.
11. PUBLIC AFFAIRS
A. Approve employee pay adjustments as per the schedule.
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
A. Recognition of Dispatcher Anthony Emery for his actions in saving the life of a Marion resident.
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
A. 5 ILCS 120/2.C.6: Sale or Lease of Public Property
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT