AGENDA FOR April 26, 2021 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. DEPARTMENT UPDATE
A. Retirement Recognition
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Dagan Guidry as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, and Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour.
B. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
1) Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire Kayla Whitaker to the position of Librarian I at $11/hour; full-time, non-exempt, benefit position.
2) Approve the resignation of Katie Stotlar as Coordinator of Business Services effective May 6, 2021.
C. BOARD APPOINTMENTS
1) Re-appoint Terance Henry and Tammy Beasley to the Marion Fire Pension Board for a three-year term. Current terms expire on May 11, 2021.
2) Re-appoint Terance Henry to the Marion Police Pension Board for a two-year term. Current term expires May 11, 2021
1) Approve the 1st Quarter REDCO Contribution; a budgeted item.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from April 12, 2021 council meeting.
2) Discuss/Approve minutes from the March 22, 2021 council meeting.
F. CITY CLERK
1) Approve the resignation of Amy Fosse as Deputy City Clerk effective May 7, 2021.
6. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss and vote to either affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s denial of Julie McAlpin’s Special Use Permit request to use a residential home in an R-1 Single Family Residential Zone at 1806 W Warren St., PIN# 06-23-427-008 as a private home/business/salon.
B. Open and approve sealed bids for properties listed for sale by the City of Marion.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3727 approving the Southern Meadows subdivision plat.
7. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3723 raising sewer rates for debt service effective June 1, 2021.
B. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2021-14 transferring proceeds from the sale of the Marion City Lake from the Water Department to the General Projects Fund.
8. WATER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve proposal from Harris for FieldHawk remote software; including license fee, installation and annual support/maintenance.
9. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3724 a Residential TIF redevelopment agreement with Brynnlayne Properties.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3725 a Hub TIF redevelopment agreement amendment with SS Fowler, LLC.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3726 approving a Master Developer Agreement with Millennium Destination Development.
10. CITY COUNCIL
A. Discuss/Adopt Resolution 2021-13 Resolution Authorizing Revision of Annual Budget of 2020-2021.
B. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3721 establishing the annual budget for the fiscal year 2021-2022.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3722 reappointing at-will department heads for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
11. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
13. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
14. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT