AGENDA FOR April 13, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
Call-In Number: 408-418-9388 Access Code: 296 435 734
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Approve the annual payment of $15,000 to the Williamson County Historical Society; a budgeted item.
2) Approve donation to Southern Illinois Community Foundation for Marion United.
B. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 5296 dated 4/1/2020 for Consulting Services for May 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from Special Meeting March 25, 2020.
5. CITY ATTORNEY
A. Discuss/Approve 3-year hosting agreement and contract with Karpel for prosecuting software at an implementation cost of $16,500 with $1,100 in annual maintenance fees; a 2020-2021 budget item and expense.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3609 amending the criminal offenses section of the City Code.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3610 amending the fine section of the City Code.
6. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Street Superintendent to approve the bid of Little Tractor at $12,479 for replacement of mower due to break down; non-budgeted item using gas tax funds.
B. Adopt Resolution 2020-13, Supplemental Resolution for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code for 2018 for $44,490.83.
C. Adopt Resolution 2020-14, Supplemental Resolution for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code for 2019 for $54,035.68.
D. Adopt Resolution 2020-15, Resolution for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code for 2020 for the City’s asphalt resurfacing program for $621,500.
7. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3608 authorizing the ceding of private activity bonding authority to the Southeastern Illinois Economic Development Authority.
8. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
10. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
11. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT