CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. DATE: November 13, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 10/22/2018, Special Meeting 10/25/2018 and Special Meeting 11/5/2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
PROCLAMATION FOR NATIONAL ADOPTION DAY
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION TO JAY SMART
HUB RECREATION CENTER
*Salaries reflect re-adjustment in the budget for equity alignment in job responsibilities.
A. Full-Time Employee Recommendation*
Council approval to hire Melise Oakley as Fitness Coordinator as agreed at $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position) effective October 29, 2018.
B. Full-Time Employee from Interim to Regular*
Council approval to hire Ray Cagle as Sports and Recreation Coordinator as agreed at $36,000/year (exempt, salaried position) effective October 23, 2018.
C. Full-Time Employee Pay Adjustment and Move to Exempt Salary*
Kelli Neushwander- Membership Coordinator at $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position).
Megan Wollard – Youth Development and Programming Coordinator $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position).
D. Council approval to proceed with plans for Halfway Road Sidewalks and to advertise for bids.
1. Required reporting to Municipality by Police Pension Board.
2. Required reporting to Municipality by Fire Pension Board.
3. Letter of Recommendation for 2018 Tax Levy – Marion Fire Pension Fund.
4. Letter of Recommendation for 2018 Tax Levy – Marion Police Pension Fund.
5. Council discussion/approval of the estimate of the Property Tax Levy.
MARION WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
6. Council approval of $50,000.00 to replace center bearing replacement on south aeration basin at west plant – includes parts, labor and cost of crane for installation of the bearing.
Schreiber – cost of center bearing complete with all hoses, clamps, anchors, & connection – $25,400.00
Service call to replace center bearing (3 men for 4.5 days labor, mileage, expenses & travel time) $9,028.00
Total for parts $34,428.00
Oxford Crane Rental $10,950.00
Total for job if all goes as planned $45, 378.00
Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent Brent Cain is asking approval for approval of the $50,000.00 in case the job takes extra time to complete.
POLICE DEPARTMENT – WILLIAMSON COUNTY JOINT ETSB
7. Council approval of a Lease Agreement between the City of Marion and Williamson County Joint ETSB to lease office space in the Police Department at a lease rate of $500.00 per month.
8. Council approval of Caleb Stewart’s resignation as of November 2, 2018 as Laborer for the City of Marion Street Department.
9. Council approval to hire Cody Mausey as a Laborer in the Street Department, with his pay rate per Laborer’s Union 773 Contract 2015-2019, to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Caleb Stewart.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
10. Council approval to hire the following new Part-Time Employees:
Marlene Guittar – Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Café Attendant $9.00/hour
Noah Blake – Lifeguard $9.50/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour.
Jake Palmisano – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour.
11. Council approval to add additional Job Classifications for current part-time staff:
Rachel Herring – Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00/hour.
Nick Raubach – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour
Nicole Szidik – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (1009)
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
12. Council approval to hire Austin Grymala as Part-Time Custodian at $9.00/hour.
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
13. Council approval of the resignation of Cheri Williams, part-time shelver at the Library, effective November 3, 2018.
14. Council approval to hire Gabrielle N. Miller, as a part-time shelver at $9.99/hour to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Cheri Williams.
PARKING LOT LEASE AGREEMENT
15. Council discussion/approval of Parking Lot Lease Agreement with David Schoenecke and Gale Schoenecke
16. Council discussion/approval of land purchases.
17. Council approval of an Ordinance amending Ordinance #1148 Zoning Ordinance – Parking Lot Standards – Surfacing.
18. Discuss/action – replacing City Attorney.
NEW TIF DISTRICTS
19. Proposed North Commercial & Little Tractor TIF Districts
20. Qualification Report for Proposed Marion North Commercial Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District – Preliminary Report.
21. Qualification Report for Proposed Marion Little Tractor Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District. Preliminary Report.
Continued Meeting to Monday November 19, 2018 at 6:30 pm.