CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: September 24, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 9/10/2018, and Special Meeting 9/17/2018
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Council approval of Hub Customer Service Coordinator Job Description.
B. Council approval or renewal of Master Services Agreement with Clearwave Communications for four (4) years.
1. Council to discuss/approve authorizing Engineering Agreement for proposed sidewalk on Halfway Road.
2. Council approval to advertise for bids to seal coat various City parking lots:
Lot behind Bennies and Doug’s Lock & Keys
Lot behind First Methodist Church
Lot on Liberty Street behind Edward Jones
Lot behind Sanders & Sanders Law Offices on N. Market.
Budgeted item to seal coat the parking lots.
3. Council to approve/accept the retirement of Jay Smart as Firefighter, with 34 years of service, Retirement effective as of October 31, 2018.
4. Council approval of Marion Fire and Police Merit Board to make an appointment of a new firefighter to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Jay Smart.
5. Council approval of moving Nick Bowns from part-time Dispatcher to full-time Dispatcher, at $21.80 probationary pay, effective 9/25/2018. to replace Brett Turley. who has resigned as of 9/18/2018.
6. Council approval to hire a new part-time dispatcher to replace Nick Bowns moving to full-time Dispatcher.
7. Council approval of the annual renewal /maintenance fee for I.D. Networks CAD/RMS system.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
8. Council approval of Part-Time Employee Recommendations
Nolan Hillard – Swim Coach $20.00/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour.
Ryan Holland – Lifeguard $9.50/hour.
Zachary Underwood – Lifeguard $9.50/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour.
9. Council approval of Additional Job Classifications
Samantha Moore – Café Attendant $9.00/hour.
Elijah Killman – Café Attendant $9.00/hour.
Orea Cosby – Flag Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Sports
Quinisha Emanuel – Flag Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football
Sports Staff $9.00/hour.
Peyton Fosse – Flag Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Sports $9.00/hour.
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
10. Council approval of pay rate change for Russel McCann from his new employee probationary period of $9.50 per hour to $12.50 per hour.
11. Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board Chairman, Yolonde Peterson, recommends the Council appointment of High School Student Claire Treece for appointment to the Marion Cultural and Civic Center Board for the school year of 2018-2019. Claire is the daughter of Jack and Kelley Treece.
MARION SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER
12. Council approval of Marion Senior Citizens Center Rehab of Sewer Lines.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF MARION
13. Executive Director of the Housing Authority of the City of Marion, Diana Etheridge, recommends the Council appointment of Cheryl Starns to the Housing Authority Board to complete the term of Commissioner Charolette Russell who passed away. Mrs. Russell’s term would have expired December 29, 2021.
14. Ordinance 3471 – An Ordinance approving the termination of the Tax Increment Financing District VI Redevelopment Project Area, Plan and Projects.
15. Council authorization of Clarida & Ziegler Engineering to do preliminary cost studies of improvements for Stanford and Princeton Streets.