AGENDA FOR October 28, 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Ruth Voiles- Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour
2) Linda Kuykendall – Group Aquatic Fitness Instructor $20.00/hour
3) Judy Black – Childwatch Attendant $9.00/hour
4) Jarvis Stacy- Personal Trainer $30.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour
5) Veronica Parrish- Childwatch Attendant $9.00, Camp Counselor $9.00/hour, Front Desk Attendant
$9.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.00/hour
6) Tyler VanZant- Additional Job Classification of Soccer Instructor $15.00/hour
7) Pyper Colp- Additional Job Classification of Swim Instructor Trainee $15.00/hour
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Discuss/Approve recommendation of Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board Chairman Yolande
Peterson to reappoint Beth Butler, Connie Ashe, Lety DeMattei and John Power to the Marion Cultural
& Civic Center Board for three year terms, dating November 1, 2019 through October 31, 2022.
2) Discuss/Approve recommendation of Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board Chairman Yolande Peterson to appoint High School student Abby O’Keefe as the High School Representative on the Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board for the school year 2019-2020.
3) Approve the recommendation by the Executive Director to hire Rachel Turner as Part Time Custodian at $9.00/hour starting October 31.
1) Approve annual maintenance invoice to Harris Computer Services for Water Department software in the amount of $10,255.66, a budgeted item. Amount represents a negotiated savings of -$1,500.
D. LAWLER BROWN LAW FIRM
1) Approve invoices for July and August work completed for a total of $23,953.15 spread over various departments.
I I 02 Tower Square Plaza • Ma rion, IL 62959 • (61 8 ) 997-6281 • Fax (61 8) 997-2028
1) Approve minutes from Regular Council Meeting October 14, 2019 and Special Council Meeting
October 21, 2019.
F. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve White & Borgognoni invoice for Fire Station Addition in the amount of $4,141.85 for architectural project management services.
1) Marianne Lambert- Librarian I – $11.00 per hour- Full-time, Non-Exempt Employee, Benefit Eligible
2) Kailey Murphy – Librarian I – $11.00 per hour- Full-time, Non-Exempt Employee, Benefit Eligible
A. Adopt Resolution 2019-20 designating the City of Marion’s support of the Southern Illinois Film
Commission and their commitment to bringing the film industry to our region.
6. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve annual contract with CMS to purchase rock salt (as needed) at $70.54 per ton up to 720 tons.
7. CITY ENGINEER
A. Discuss/Approve Marion !EPA water project intent to award bid for 6″ watermain loop and water treatment plant improvements.
8. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Open/Approve bid for demolition of 533 E Everett St. (07-19-135-001)
B. Discuss and vote to either affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s approval of Jeff Mayer’s request to re zone property at 1308 Scottsboro Rd.(06-13-129-015, 06-13-129-014, 06-13-129-013) from R-2 Multi Family to C-1 General Commercial.
9. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3576 Relating to Motor Vehicle parking on North and South Market Street. B. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2019-19, a resolution of commitment of local funds for local roadway
improvements to portions of West Main, Bainbridge and Pentecost Streets.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3577 annexing parcels 07-17-200-041 and 07-17-400-046 owned by Barrass
Farms, LLC located on Norman Road into the City.
10. BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
A. Approve the recommendation of the Director to hire two part-time positions to fill the role vacated by the Administrative Assistant’s retirement. Marquez Lilly and Leianka Burwell would serve as Program Assistants at $9.00/hr at 25 hours per week. Positions would be considered part-time with no benefits and would represent a net budget savings of benefit costs.
11. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve Employee Health Insurance bids
B. Discuss/Approve Property/General Liability Insurance bids
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT