AGENDA FOR September 23, 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. PUBLIC RECOGNITION
A. Present Certificate of Appreciation to Chris Sollers.
B. Present Certificate of Appreciation to Betty Parton with Modern Woodmen.
5. CENSUS 2020
A. Rebecca Robinson U.S. Census Bureau
6. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation by the General Manager to hire David Morris as Fitness Attendant
$9.00/hour, Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour, Orientation Attendant $12.00/hour, Personal
Trainer $30.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hour
2) Approve the recommendation by the General Manager to hire Makenzie Smith as Child Watch
Attendant $9.00/hour, Camp Counselor $9.00/hour
1) Approve Ordinance 3568 providing for and approving the second 2019 amendment to TIF 1 redevelopment project area, plan, and projects.
1) Approve minutes from Regular Council Meeting September 9, 2019.
D. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve invoice #6 from White & Borgognoni Architects, P.C. for $4,884.35 for
Architectural/Engineering Services for Addition to Marion Fire Station, Project #1817017/089.
E. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation by the Street Superintendent to hire Drake Grinnell and Trenton Morse as Laborers at a starting wage of $16.64 per hour per the Collective Bargaining Agreement starting October 7, 2019.
F. TREASURER’S OFFICE
1) Approve the resignation of Alison Zinn as Accounts Payable Specialist effective 9/13/2019.
2) Approve the recommendation by the Treasurer to hire Kiley J. Gould at $18.00/hour plus benefits to the position of Accounts Payable Specialist.
G. LEGAL SERVICES
1) Approve payment of $13,605.83 for legal services billed in the months of June and July 2019.
H. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve recommendation by the Executive Director to hire Danielle Furtak, Amber Hall and Aaron
Maze as part time Custodians at $9.00/hour starting September 25, 2019.
1) Discuss/Approve the following recommendations of the Director:
Approve change in job titles for Katie Stotlar to Coordinator of Business Services no change in pay rate.
Approve moving Kelly McMullen, currently Librarian I, to Katie Stotlar’s position as Coordinator of
Young Adult Services rate of pay $15.00/hour.
7. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Recognition of service Retired Police Chief John Eibeck.
B. Discuss/Approve the recommendation by the Police Chief to hire five (5) School Safety Officers to serve the remainder of the 2019 2020 school year per the intergovernmental agreement with Marion Unit #2
School District at $20/hour with no benefits, to be reimbursed by Unit #2.
James “Tony” Reynolds
C. Discuss/Approve the recommendation by the Police Chief to hire two part time Animal Control Officers as presented, at $11/hour. *Names not included on agenda because agenda was finalized before hiring process was finalized.
8. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve low bids for new vehicles, as follows:
2020 HV 507 Dump Truck to Rush Truck Center Municipal fleet Springfield, IL for $74,205.00; Bed & Snow Plow Equipment Woody’s Municipal Edwardsville, IL $42,712.00
2020 Dodge 5500 1 Ton Chassis to Absher/Arnold, Marion, IL for $45,741.00; Bed & Snow Plow Equipment Woody’s Municipal $23,565.00
2020 F 250 4wd XL Vogler Ford, Carbondale, IL for $30,071.61
9. FIRE DEPARTMENT CONSTRUCTION
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of Commissioner Barwick and the Fire Chief for the change order request for unforeseen soil conditions to Evrard Strang Construction for $18,712.
10. HUMAN RESOURCES
A. Open sealed bids for employee group health insurance.
11. CITY ENGINEER
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3571 Accepting a Subdivision Platted as Kokopelli Estates Phase II Subdivision.
12. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3566 annexing parcels 0720200014 and 0720200012 addressed as
1805 E. Main Street, Marion, IL .
13. HUB RECREATION CENTER
A. Discuss/Approve management restructuring proposal:
Approve transfer of current Fitness Coordinator at $40,000/year exempt salary, Melise Oakley, to
Membership Coordinator at same salary of $40,000/year exempt status.
Approve consolidation of Sports and Recreation Coordinator position with the Fitness Coordinator position and appoint, Chelsey Greenwood, to the combined position of Sports & Fitness Coordinator at a salary of $48,000/year, exempt status.
Approve additional duties for current full time Lead Fitness Attendant Sherry McConnell and hourly pay increase of $1/hour for a nonexempt fulltime hourly wage of $13/hour.
Approve additional duties of current part time Sports Manager, Alek Jimenez and hourly pay increase of
$1/hour for a nonexempt part time hourly wage of $15/hour for all Sports Manager job classifications including Tackle Football Sports Manager, Basketball Sports Manager, and Flag Football Sports Manager.
B. Discuss/Approve treadmill and stationary bicycle replacement proposal from OrthoTech; a budgeted item.
14. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss Mayor’s 2020 Vision
B. Approve Ordinances 3563 & 3564 raising the Retail and Service Occupation tax rates by 0.75 percent, effective January 1, 2020.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3567 establishing the Video Gaming Code for the City of Marion, repealing
D. Discuss/Adopt Resolution No. 201917 committing to the abatement of future property tax levies in 2020 and beyond.
15. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
17. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL 5 ILCS
120/2(c)(11), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)
18. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT