CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: October 08, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 9/24/2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Council approval of Hub Customer Service Coordinator Job Description.
1. Sheila Kimlinger and Joe Zdankiewicz – Presentation of proposed Pedestrian Crossing at Ray Fosse Park.
2. Council approval to hire Kim Haag for Accounting Technician Position at $20.00 per hour, effective upon completion of pre-employment testing.
3. Council approval to accept the low bid from Asphalt Maintenance of Marion to seal coat various city parking lots. $15,070.00.
4. Council approval to accept the low bid of Penninger Asphalt of Jonesboro, Illinois to excavate, prepare base and asphalt the new parking lot behind the Marion Carnegie Library.
5. Council discussion/approval of Clarida & Ziegler Engineering Co. cost estimate for Halfway Road P.C.C. Sidewalk – to proceed to take bids.
6. Council approval of Police and Fire Merit Board appointment of Doug Plumer for Firefighter to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Jay Smart.
7. Council approval of bid for a vehicle exhaust system to be funded by the AFG Grant.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
8. Council approval of Additional Job Classifications.
Quinisha Emanuel – Childwatch $9.00/hour, Maintenance $9.00/hour.
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
9. Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board Chairman, Yolonde Peterson, recommends the Council’s re-appointment for the following: Art Pratt, Yolonde Peterson and Mary Ann Stotlar to the Marion Cultural and Civic Center Board for three year terms – from November 1, 2018 through October 31, 2021.
10. Council approval of resignation of Carla Simmons from her position as Administrative Assistant at The Pavilion – effective October 12, 2018.
LIFELINE EMRS CORP.
11. Council discussion/approval of renewal of contract for Lifeline EMRS Corp.
12. Resolution 2018-20 Resolution approving an Inducement Agreement – Lowell and Michelle Anderson.
13. Resolution 2018-21 Resolution approving an Inducement Agreement – RCSZ Properties, LLC.
14. Council discussion of trespassers damaging property at Sugar Creek property owned by City of Marion.