CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: May 14, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
__X__ ROLL CALL
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 04/23/2018, Public Hearing Minutes 04/23/2015
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
__ _ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Council approval of bank bids to purchase 30 Laptop computers and accessories for Police vehicles.
2. Resolution 2018-14 designating Anthony Rinella to be designated and appointed to perform on behalf of the City of Marion and has the authority to make those acts and assume any and all duties in dealing with the award with DRA for the Fiscal Year 2018 federal award program cycle.
3. Council approval to purchase a new vertical turbine Flowserve pump from MEC at a cost of $13,784.25 (Bid 1).
Two bids were received – the 2nd Bid from Straffer Pump for a NUF pump at $12,975.00.
Sewer Superintendent Brent Cain recommends approving the Flowserve pump at $800.00 more that the Straffer Pump because the Sewer Department has used a Flowserve pump for 14 years and it has served well. This is a budgeted item.
4. Council approval of Cliff Hogue as Lead Man, pending the retirement of Tim Hastings.
5. Council approval of Scott Clarida as Assistant Lead Man, pending the retirement of Tim Hastings and appointment of Cliff Hogue as Lead Man.
6. Council approval of truck purchase – bids attached.
7. Council approval of annual software renewal from ID Networks Identification Technologies for the year 2018 – $30,000.00
8. Council approval to install two speed bumps on North Otis Street in Ray Fosse Park.
9. Council approval to purchase a Ram Air-Gear dryer for the Fire Department paid by funds from Safety Grant. Cost – $8,095.00.
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
10. Council approval of Mia Waters resignation from the Marion Carnegie Library effective April 26, 2018.
11. Council approval of Boyt Engineering proposal for investigation and review of Library HVAC system. (To be paid from Library’s Capital Fund)
HUB RECREATION CENTER
12. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time Employee
Hailey Haseker – Lifeguard $9.50/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour
13. Additional Job Classifications
Peyton Fosse – Child watch $9.00/hour (current Cafe-Membership)
Brooklyn Hunsaker – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
Casey VanDyke – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
Callie Vaughn – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
14. Energy Proposal for Efficiency and Operational Capability
This proposal includes the
1. LED Lighting Proposal for entire facility and aquatic center,
2. Hand Dryer Proposal for locker rooms and bathrooms, and
3. Generator Transfer Switch Proposal.
15. Council approval of Agreement between City of Marion and White & Borgognoni Architect, P.C.for the Hub Recreation Center Building Envelope Repairs.
16. Council approval of Director of Marketing & Business Development commission plan
17. Council approval of Intergovernmental Agreement with Unit 2 for the purpose of employing a School Resource Officer.
18. Council approval of Amended C.W. I. (Republic Services) Agreement to operate the Marion Transfer Station.
19. Ordinance 3448 – Ordinance amending the alcoholic beverages Ordinance by increasing the number of Class II licenses and allowing any business or entity that has Video Gaming Machines on the premises to serve alcoholic beverages on Sunday, between the hours of twelve o’clock in the afternoon until ten:o’clock in the evening provided that the alcoholic beverages served during this time are limited to beer and wine by individual drink only.
20. Council approval of bids for the construction of the Halfway Road Water and Sewer Extensions.
21. Council approval of offer to settle Insurance claim.
22. Reg Ankrom – Presentation – Electric Aggregation – Southern Illinois Municipal Electric Coop