AGENDA FOR 22 July 2019 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
- CONSENT AGENDAa.
1) Reappoint Yolonde B. Peterson as Chairman of Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board
2) Part-time Employee Recommendation
Cary Laake – Custodian $9.00/hour
1) Discuss/Approve Invoice #4 for White & Borgognoni Architects, P.C. $7,565.44 for
Architectural/Engineering Services for addition to Fire Station.
c. ANIMAL CONTROL
1) Accept resignation of Rachel Henning as full-time Animal Control Officer effective July 12, 2019.
2) Promote part-time Animal Control Officer Ashlyn Strobel to full-time at $12.00/hour to fill the vacancy created by Rachel Henning’s resignation.
3) Accept resignation of part-time Animal Control Officer Eric Johnson effective July 30, 2019.
4) Approve advertising for two part-time Animal Control Officers to fill vacancies created by Ashlyn Strobel’s promotion to full-time and Eric Johnson’s resignation
d. KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS DONATION
1) Discuss/approve donation of $5,000 (budgeted item) to the Knights of Columbus Council
6210 to help support the annual Fourth of July Fireworks.
1) Accept resignation of Samantha Cattivera as Librarian I effective July 22, 2019.
2) Accept resignation of Hayley Kidd as Librarian I effective July 1, 2019.
3) Approve hiring Kelly McMullen as Librarian I at $11.00/hour. This is a full-time non-
f. WATER DEPARTMENT
1) Full-time Employee Recommendation – for existing position
Samantha Cattivera will be starting as a Cashier Clerk on July 23, 2019 at $13.99/hour per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City (Clerical) and the Laborers’ Local 773 (May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2022).
1) Council approval of Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 7/8/2019.
h. TREASURER’S OFFICE
1) Discuss/approve Illinois Public Risk Fund invoice #58893 for $7,994.00. This amount
represents the difference between the estimated workers’ compensation premium
and the actual audited workers’ compensation premium.
i. SEWER DEPARTMENT
1) Accept retirement of Jerry Hickey effective July 31, 2019.
j. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Part-time Employee Change in Status
Ian Gilchrist – addition of Swim Instructor $20.00/hour to job classification
5.CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
A.Discuss/approve CivicClerk Agenda Management System proposal
Total Investment Year 1 $5,000
Annual Services (Year 2 and Beyond) $3,500
- CIVIC CENTER
- Discuss/approve payment of Distinctive Interiors, Inc. invoices totaling $13,174.16 for materials used to install new carpet at Marion Cultural & Civic Center. Invoices to be paid from building maintenance budget.
Invoice 149971 $7,165.31
Invoice 152342 $533.85
Invoice 152385 $5,475.00
- TIF PROJECTS
- A. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3548 – an ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district redevelopment agreement by and between the City
of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois and Marion Heights II, Inc.
- 8. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A.Discuss/Approve purchase of 25 horsepower ABS pump from Municipal Equipment Company for $13,050.
- STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve purchase of 10 barrels yellow traffic paint, 6 barrels white traffic paint and
6,000 lbs. glass reflective beads for traffic paint at a total cost of $17,478.20 (including freight). These are budgeted items.
- CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
- ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
- MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT