AGENDA FOR December 9, 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Daniel Gundlach – Current Lifeguard, part-time status change to part-time IMRF hours as budgeted at same $9.50/hour rate of pay for Lifeguard Job Classification
2) Ashley Stevens – Additional Part-time Job Classifications – Group Aquatic Fitness Instructor $20.00/hour, Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00/hour
3) Ashleigh Franks – Additional Part-time job classification – Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00/hour
B. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Appoint Chief Designate Tim Barnett to the Williamson County ETSB Board upon the retirement of Chief Jerry Odum.
2) Discuss/Approve Pay Application #8 for the Apparatus Bay Addition project.
C. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve invoice 5213 dated December 1, 2019 for $3,000 for Consulting Services for January 2020.
1) Discuss/Approve minutes from November 25, 2019 Council Meeting.
2) Discuss/Approve Corrected Minutes from March 25, 2019 Council Meeting.
E. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Discuss/Approve Police Chief’s recommendation to trade in five old vehicles with a value of $17,700 for one newer vehicle paying a difference of $9,951.81.
5. TAX LEVY
A. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3584, an ordinance providing for the levy of taxes for the City of Marion, Illinois for the year 2019-2020.
6. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss the residency requirement policy for employees of the Marion Police Department.
7. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve bid for traffic signal installation at the intersection of South Carbon Street and Westminster Drive.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3586, a petition for annexation by Ron Osman of two parcels (5 pins) on the east side of Marion. (Property is directly South of former P&S Grain complex)
8. TREASURER’S OFFICE
A. Discuss the Police and Fire Pension Board’s funding request for 2019 Tax Year.
9. TIF AGREEMENTS
A. Discuss/Approve Inducement Resolution 19-22 between the City of Marion and Brynnlayne Properties, LLC.
10. HUMAN RESOURCES
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3585 amending sections 2.3 and 3.2 of the Employee Handbook.
11. HUB RECREATION CENTER
A. Discuss/Approve operational audit to be performed by Sports Facilities Management at a quoted cost of $18,000.
12. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
14. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
15. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT