Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
A. DCFS Adoption Day Proclamation
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Alisha Eggers Personal
Trainer $30/hour, Group Exercise Instructor $15/hour, Fitness Attendant
2) Elizabeth McNeill Group
Exercise Instructor $15/hour
3) Aaron Shelton Front
Desk Attendant $9/hour, Cafe Attendant $9/hour
4) Shailyn Holderbaum Front
Desk Attendant $9/Hour, Cafe Attendant, $9/Hour, Childwatch Attendant
$9/Hour, Camp Counselor $9/Hour
5) Amelia Anderson Additional
Job Classification of Lead Lifeguard $12/hour
B. CIVIC CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation by the Executive Director to hire Liam Wallace and Gage Saylor as Part
Time Custodians at $9.00/hour starting November 13.
C. SEWER DEPARTMENT
1) Retroactively approve 2019 bulk rates for odor control chemicals at $2.42/gallon for Odophos and
$3.09/gallon for Bioxide.
D. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/Approve payment of invoice 5192 dated November 1, 2019 for Consulting Services for
December 2019 in the amount of $3,000.
1) Approve minutes from Regular Council Meeting October 28, 2019.
F. CITY CLERK
1) Discuss/Approve Schedule of Council Meeting Dates for 2020.
2) Approve 2020 City of Marion Holiday Schedule
G. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve Pay Application #7 for Apparatus Bay Addition to the Marion Fire Station in the amount of
6. FIRE DEPARTMENT
A. Accept Fire Chief Jerry Odum’s Letter of Retirement effective December 30, 2019.
7. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3578 authorizing the City of Marion to enter into an Intergovernmental
Agreement with Williamson County government entities to submit the Enterprise Zone application to the
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3579 establishing the Williamson County Enterprise Zone.
C. Adopt Resolution 201921,
a resolution of commitment of local funds for local roadway improvements
consisting of the realignment of the south leg of the intersection of Williamson County Parkway and 17th
Street to correct a negative offset of the opposing left turn lanes and installment of updated traffic signals.
8. PROPERTY TAX LEVY
A. Discuss/Approve estimate of the amount of the Property Tax Levy for 2019 pay 2020 for the City of
Marion to be $100.00.
9. TIF AGREEMENTS
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3580 creating a standard redevelopment agreement with J Michelle, LLC in
the Hub TIF.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3581 entering into a sales tax inducement agreement with Crown Brew
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3582 authorizing the establishment of a TIF “Interested Parties Registry” and
adoption of the registry rules for the Residential TIF District 1.
D. Residential TIF Public Meeting Announcement
10. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss/Approve Employee Health Insurance bids
B. Discuss/Amend Section 2.3 of the Employee Handbook removing the last sentence of the section which
states, “Under no circumstances are relatives allowed to work in the same department.”
11. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
13. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
14. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT