CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
MONDAY 6:30 P.M.
DATE: February 9, 2015
X REGULAR MEETING_____CONTINUED MEETING.
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X___ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 1/26/2015 & Special Called Meeting 2/2/2015
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___x__ APPROVE BILLS
X__APPROVE CONSENT AGENDA:
___x__ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
1. City of Marion ETS 9-1-1 Board recommends appointment of: Dawn Tondini (Chief Police) 3 yr
D.J. Stewart (Communication Supervisor) 3 yr. Jerry Odum (Fire Chief) 3 yr.
Kevin McConnell (Ambulance Director) 3 yr.
Ray Manis (Citizen at large) 2 yr.
Brent Gentry (County Commissioner)1 yr.
Jay Rix (City Commissioner) 2 yr
2. Approval to replace Patrolman who will be retiring because of a non-job related disability.
3. Discussion/approval of Revolving Loan to Jim Parker.
4. Discussion and approval of filling the vacancy created by the resignation of accounting technician and to make that position full time.
5. Discussion and approval of the rate of pay for person who will be hired to fill the vacancy and rate of pay changes for the current accounting technicians effective 2/9/2015.
6. Approval of annual client care agreement Zobrio software – Treasurer’s office.
7. Approval to hire replacement laborer to fill vacancy created by a retirement – Street Department.
8. Approval of equipment proposal from D & D Equipment Sales for a enhanced leverless table-top tire changer from Hunter Engineering Company – $11,154.00 and a SmartWeight Touch High Capacity Balancer – $5,946.00 and a BullsEye collet set – $546.00.
9. Approval to pay Barnett Electric $6,747.50 for repair of street light across from Pepsi – repair of break in line on Cree Drive cut by Ameren.
10. 2015 ACEC-Illinois Engineering Excellance Awards – Horner & Shifrin, Inc. Marion Cemetery Digs GIS – City of Marion.
11. Approve a pay rate change for Matt McAuliffe who was approved as a Life guard I – change to Life Guard II due to two seasons of experience – increase to $9.50 effective to 2/2/2015.
12. Approve a pay rate change for Cindy Hunt- as the Customer Service Coordinator now has supervisor responsibilities, increase $.36 more per hour to equal others at same rresponsibility rate effective 2/2/2015.
13. Approve bids for demolition of Commercial Brick Building located at 111 North Madison Street
14. Approve and adopt tele communication rights of way access aggreement and attachment agreement between the City of Marion and Extenet Systems, Inc.
15. Adoption of a dark fiber license agreement between City of Marion and Extenet, Inc..
16. Resolution 2015-11 Resolution for use of MFT funds for Right of Way acquisition on N. Russell Street.
17. Letter from Boyton Street Community Center Board President Ron Ferguson recommending the following board memebers be re-appointed for 3 year terms January 2015 through December 2017.
Ron Ferguson, Lillian Thompson and Sharon Simmons.
18. Letter from Marion Senior Citizens Council recommending the appointment of Jeannie Talbott to fill the seat on the board left vacant by the resignation of Thelma Malone September 2014.
19. Approve the Southern Illinois Electricity Aggregation Consortium Municipality Power of Attorney.
20. Ordinance 3236 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a TIF District and Redevelopment Agreement by and between The City of Marion and the Hub of the Universe, LLC.
21. Request from Marion Main Street President Meredith Ashe to approve donation to Marion Main Street.