AGENDA FOR December 28, 2020 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 5:30 PM
1. CALL IN INFORMATION
A. CALL IN NUMBER: 415-655-0001
ACCESS CODE: 126 403 4442
MEETING PASSWORD: 627466
CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128 as amended by Ordinance No. 3134)
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Shamar Woodson as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, Cafe Attendant $11.00/hour, and Fitness Attendant $11.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Isabella Mayer as part-time Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour, and Café Attendant $11.00/hour.
B. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
1) Accept the resignation of Linda Johnson effective January 26, 2021.
C. SENIOR CITIZENS
1) Approve the hire of Kelly Harmon as Dietary Aide at $12/hour plus benefits; a regular full-time, non-exempt position.
D. POLICE DEPARTMENT/ANIMAL CONTROL
1) Discuss/Approve the purchase of a new K-9 for $13,600 using Drug Fund monies.
2) Approve the resignation of Ashlyn Strobel as Animal Control Officer effective January 1, 2021.
E. MARION HOUSING AUTHORITY
1) Approve the appointment of Larry Watkins to the Marion Housing Authority Board to fill the vacancy made by Orville Williams’ resignation.
2) Approve intergovernmental agreement between the City of Marion, Marion Police Department, and the Marion Housing Authority.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from December 14, 2020 council meeting.
G. WATER DEPARTMENT
1) Discuss/approve Clarida & Ziegler Engineering Invoice 19542 dated 12/4/2020 for $8,902.25 for planning and design of the South Market 10 inch watermain.
6. BUILDING & CODE SERVICES
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3693 repealing and replacing Ordinance 3386 regulating Vacation Rentals.
7. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the Merit Board’s recommendation to promote Jessie Thompson to Sergeant effective January 1, 2021 to fill the vacancy left by Sergeant Bart Baldwin’s retirement.
B. Chief Fitts to present the following awards:
Officer of the Year
Dispatcher of the Year
8. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
A. Discuss/Approve Resolution 2020-59 adopting the Third Amendment to the Marion Star Bond District.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3692 a Petition for Annexation for a part of PIN # 06-16-100-035; will be zoned R-2 Multi-Family Residential.
C. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3694 authorizing the sale of surplus property located a 416 Jefferson Street.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT