AGENDA FOR March 25, 2020 Marion City Council Special Meeting
Marion City Hall at 3:00 PM
Call in: (408) 418-9388 / Access Code: 627 481 915 / Meeting Password: MarionIL
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to add the job classification of Personal Trainer $30.00/hour for current part-time group fitness instructor Ashleigh Franks.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Charles Michael Oyler as part-time Security Officer $15.00/hour.
B. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1) Approve 3-year license renewal with GHA Technologies for $14,705.26, a budgeted item.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from the March 9, 2020 council meeting and March 16, 2020 Special Meeting.
D. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) Approve option with Marion Center Project, LLC to purchase property at 903 (905) W. Main Street.
E. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation of the Police Chief to hire Charles Welge as part-time dispatcher at a rate of $21.06 per hour beginning March 24, 2020.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve the recommendation of the Merit Board and the Police Chief to hire Dustin Lawrence and Clay Brinkley to the position of Patrolman at $24.98 per hour, plus benefits. Dustin Lawrence to start April 6, 2020 and Clay Brinkley to start April 7, 2020.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3606 and the purchase of two new patrol vehicles and equipment not to exceed $70,000. Financed through First Southern Bank at 2.9% for 3 years.
6. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Approve the recommendation of the Mayor to hire Allison Hasler as Community Program Director effective May 1, 2020 at $50,000 plus $5,000 for every $250,000 generated in grant revenue capped at $20,000; plus benefits.
B. Approve the recommendation of the Mayor to hire Tim Stotlar as Code Enforcement Director at $62,500 per year, plus benefits.
C. Discuss/Approve selection of John H. Crawford & Associates, P.C. proposal to provide 2019 Housing Rehab Grant – Projected Delivery and Rehab Administrative Services.
7. WATER DEPARTMENT
A. Accept Water Superintendent Scott Connell’s letter of retirement effective June 30, 2020.
B. Discuss/Approve the creation of the Public Works Superintendent and promote Brent Cain to that position effective July 1, 2020 at a salary of $100,576.
C. Discuss/Approve the creation of Water Field Supervisor and promote Cliff Hogue Jr. to that position effective July 1, 2020 at a salary of $64,792, an exempt position.
D. Adopt Resolution 2020-12 to construct , occupy and maintain an 8″ water main under IL Route 13 under the jurisdiction and control of Illinois Department of Transportation. (Sinclair Drive Project)
8. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Vote to approve or disapprove a double-wide on a block foundation to be placed in an R-2 General Family Residential Zone at 704 E Jefferson St. PIN# 07-18-380-004
A. Approve Resolution 2020-11, an inducement resolution with P & R Rentals, LLC. for a project in the proposed 2nd Amendment to the North Commercial TIF.
B. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3607, the 1st Amendment to the Residential TIF, removing parcels from the TIF that are not in the City limits.
10. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
A. Discuss/approve Ordinance 3605 amending and repealing portions of Ordinances 3032 and 3132 regarding the City’s Emergency Management procedures.
11. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
13. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
14. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT