The City of Marion is Hiring for a Cashier/Water Clerk in the Marion Water Department this is a full-time position.
The City of Marion, Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, he or she should contact a company representative.
Now Hiring in the City of Marion Water Department the Job description is listed below.
CITY OF MARION WATER OFFICE DEPARTMENT Job Descriptions
- TITLE: Clerk/ Cashier
- PAY CLASSIFICATION: NonExempt
III. REPORTS TO: Superintendent and to department manager
IV. NATURE OF WORK:
Clerk Cashier takes direction from the Water Office Director and the Water Superintendent. This position has a union designation and, therefore, requires union membership or Fair Share Option. Compensation for this position is derived from the Collective Bargaining Agreement. A normal work shift begins at 7 AM and ends at 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Upon arriving at the office he/she shall receive daily work assignments from the Office Director or Superintendent. There are numerous tasks that each Clerk Cashier will be required to perform. These tasks will be shared among those workers available. Concerns could arise with customers who are upset for various reason so good people skills are a must. The Clerk Cashier should do everything possible to (1) determine what the issue is, (2) confirm that there is a plausible concern, (3) attempt to find a solution to the problem within the city rules and regulations, (4) communicate rationally with the customer, and (5) recognize when there is a need to bring in management to assist.
V. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Display courteous, helpful attitude toward all customers.
- Resolve issues with customers in a non-confrontational manner
- Balance drawer daily per schedule, with not less than 95% efficiency
- Demonstrate sound communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Demonstrate good computer and math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills to be able to break a problem down to component parts so as to resolve more efficiently.
- Be on time and ready for work (i.e. computer on, materials ready) at appointed hour.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete all job functions as listed under Typical Duties.
- Work with Microsoft office products like word, excel.
VI. TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Place stubs in numerical order daily, then place them in file.
- Pull Work Orders for next days duties.
- Cancel deposits each AM, if necessary, pull deposit card and cancel on card.
- Take deposits to pay old bills, process and prepare to send to bank for money orders. When money order is received back, have it signed and prepare for mailing and filing.
- Demonstrate ability to lift 20 lbs, stand for moderate periods of time, squat, bend from the waist and grasp objects;
- Periodically review Bad Debt Files to confirm that none of these individuals have service currently under a different address.
- Maintain records in back room to comply with state regulations.
- Process and address “Final Notices” when necessary.
- Deliver deposits to bank.
- Enter Landlord Information into system, build as Vendor, entering all properties.
- Create and double check Work Orders.
- File occupancy permit cards in alphabetical order and match for customer.
- All other duties to be assigned by the City.
- Have High School Degree or work equivalent.
- 1-2 yrs previous office/cashier work
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork in the workplace.
- Be willing and able to take instructions.
- Be willing and able to work without constant supervision.
- Must pass all City of Marion post-offer-of-employment requirements, such as drug screen, bonding, physical and residency requirements.