Administrative Assistant/Data Entry for the Marion Fire Department. Experience in MS Office, Word, Excel and an ability to learn and become efficient in the Firehouse computer programs and CAD system for report input.
Good benefit package available. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Residency within 10 miles of City Hall required within 18 months of hire.
Applications are available in City Hall and online at the City of Marion website, and will be accepted until the close of business on February 10, 2017.
The City of Marion is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant/Data Entry
Department: City of Marion Fire Department
Hours/Schedule of Work: Full time position M-F 40hrs/wk.
Statement of Position Description: Perform a variety of duties under the supervision of the Fire Chief
Pay Scale: $13.99hr.
Major Duties/Essential Functions
- Variety of computer skills/Data entry
- Design spreadsheets
- Audit daily run report and submit reports to the state
- Schedule daily inspection and preplans
- Maintain training records as well as vehicle maintenance records
- Prepare monthly and quarterly run reports for City Commissioner
- Schedule school safety drills and fire prevention activities
- Update and maintain all equipment records
- Create, proof read and edit documents
- Receive and direct phone and public inquiries where necessary
- Operate radio and encoder in emergency situation for call personnel
- Assists with the preparation of grant applications
- Proficiency in data entry and data management including report writing and customized reports
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of confidential information is essential
Knowledge: Advanced computer knowledge of MS Office, Word and Excel. A willingness to learn how to use the Firehouse computer programs and CAD system in order to input state reports, inspections, training records, maintenance, and Data entry into the CAD system.
Qualifications: High school degree or equivalent. Possession of a valid Illinois driver license.
Must be organized and keep records straight. Have the ability to communicate well with others.
Must be able to complete post-offer of employment drug test and residency requirements per Employee Handbook.
Application: Applications are available at Marion City Hall, or click here
Interview: Applicants that are interviewed will be required to complete a proficiency test in MS Office, Word and Excel.