CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: July 24, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 07/10/2017.
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
____ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. WATER DEPARTMENT
Approve bid for material and labor for a concrete slab floor in existing building.
REVOLVING LOAN FUND
2. Approval of Revolving Loan to Borrower – BJHT Property, LLC. $50,000.00.
Guarantor: J. Brad Ragain.
Purpose: Permanent financing for new constructed 2 unit office building located at 810 East DeYoung, Marion, IL.
3. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Approve hiring a full-time dispatcher to start training in preparation of 911 consolidation. Both A & B are budgeted items
B. Approve moving the two-part-time dispatchers, Tyler Smith and Phillip Boner to full-time when consolidation is effective (September or October).
4. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Council approval to fill position created by retirement of Laborer/Mechanic Terry Clark, retiring 7/21/2017.
B. Approval to purchase new replacement transmission for a 580M Backhoe
from McKeel Equipment – cost $7,100.00 with warranty.
Two other bids; one from Erb and one from Diamond, both bids higher than $7,100.00.
Street Department mechanics will install the new transmission.
5. HUB RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Job Classification Addition
David Houseright – Part-time Maintenance at $8.50/hour (currently Fitness Attendant and Security Officer)
5. MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
Approval of Benjamin Shore as High School Representative to the Marion Cultural and Civic Center Board for the 2017-2018 school year.
6. Approve request for Special Use Permit to allow apartments to be built in a C-1 Commercial Zone at 801 E. Main Street, Marion, IL (Leonard Quarta)
7. Ordinance 3388 – An Ordinance accepting and approving a subdivision known as “Homer Reinbold Subdivision”. (Reinbold Limited Partnership)