AGENDA FOR September 9, 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No.3128)
4. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
A. Chamber of Commerce Week Proclamation
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Resignation of Membership Coordinator, Kelli Neushwander, effective October 4, 2019.
2) New Part-time Employee Recommendations – for existing positions and budgeted hours: Abbi Mayfield – Childwatch Attendant $9.00/hour, Camp Counselor $9.00/hour
Pyper Colp -Lifeguard $9.50/hour
3) Approve invoice from Brown Electric for $11,118 for replacement of lights under walking track, a budgeted item. City will also receive a rebate for this project from Ameren for installing energy efficient LED lights in the amount of $2,982.87.
1) Approve minutes from Regular Council Meeting August 26, 2019.
2) Approve minutes from Special Council Meeting September 3, 2019.
C. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve Pay Request #5
D. SENIOR CITIZENS
1) Approve reappointment of Senior Citizens Council Members as follows: Alice Barnett term expiring July 2020
Larry Clayton term expiring July 2021
Lester Emery term expiring July 2020
Earline Hendry term expiring July 2020
Cheryl Starnes term expiring July 2021
E. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS,INC.
1) Approve Invoice 5155 dated 9/1/2019 Consulting Services October2019 $3,000.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Discuss/Approve proposal for carpet replacement at the Pavilion.
7. CITY ENGINEER
A. Discuss elevated water tank project.
B. Discuss/approve purchase option on elevated water tank site off of Broeking Road and draft/execute necessary agreement.
8. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A.Open/Award low bid for sewer replacement project along North Market Street.
9. WATER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/award low bid for Westminster water main project.
10. CANNABIS REGULATION
A. Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3565 Prohibiting the operation of any cannabis related business establishment within the City of Marion.
11. CODE ENFORCEMENT
A. Open/Approve bid for demolition of604 N. Washington Street (07-18-334-0019).
B. Discuss and vote to either affirm or overrule the Zoning Board’s denial of Sam Olson’s Variance
Request to keep a metal-based fence that was installed at 1409 N. Logan Street.
A. Open/Approve bid for resealing all asphapaved streets and parking areas in front of offices and maintenance buildings in Rose Hill Cemetery.
13. MAYOR’S OFFICE
A. Discuss Mayor’s 2020 Vision to fulfill legislative directives set forth by the Council for the coming year.
B. Discuss/Approve hiring internal counsel candidate Wendy Cunningham at a salary $82,500 per year plus benefits.
14. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
16. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL 51LCS
120/2(c)(11), 51LCS 120/2(c)(5), 51LCS 120/2(c)(6), 51LCS 120/2(c)(1)
17. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT