CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: October 23, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 10/09/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
___X_ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Resolution 2017-18 – Resolution approving the Pledge of Allegiance shall be recited prior to the start of all City Council Meetings.
2. Council approval of bids for the construction of Railroad Street Water main replacement consisting of approximately 1,025 lineal feet of 8 inch watermain and miscellaneous items.
3. POLICE DEPARTMENT
a. Council approval of resignation of Patrol Officer Nicholas McLaughlin.
b. Council approval of appointment of Tyler Smith to position vacated by McLaughlin. (Tyler is currently employed at the Marion PD as a full-time dispatcher.)
c. Council approval of hiring Benjamin Wylie as a full-time dispatcher to fill the position vacated by Tyler Smith’s appointment to patrol office.
4. MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
Council approval of Board re-appointments to the Marion Cultural & Civic Center Board for three year terms from November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2020 of the following individuals:
Martha Stinson, Beth Hamer, Sandra Blankenship, Jaclyn Hancock, and Wayland Sims.
5. CODE ENFORCEMENT
a. Request for a Special Use Permit at 1304 N. Garfield St. for a vacation rental.
6. HUB RECREATION CENTER
a. Hire Recommendations Part-time Employees:
Jennifer Thomas – Lifeguard at $9.50 per hour
Orea Cosby – Part-time Basketball Staff at $8.50 per hour
7. Ordinance 3407 – Ordinance annexing a portion of the Fluck Limited Partnership Property.
8. Ordinance Council discussion and approval of electrical contract bids for city buildings.