CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: March 27,2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X___ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 03/13/2017 and Special Meeting 03/20/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X__ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
____ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Introduction and presentation of guests from Kanie Town, Japan, City of Marion’s Sister City.
2. Richard Cannon and Kenneth Cannon and their wives to publicly thank Mayor Butler and the Council for renaming Garden Way Street to Joseph Cannon Way.
3. Resolution 2017-09 Resolution determining elected officials qualifying
for IMRF benefits.
4. Fire Department – Council approval to apply and receive the 911 Regional Training Center (RTC) Grant for Maintenance of Training Tower. 100% Grant. $9,375.00. Funds to be used for painting the Training Tower.
5. Council approval of bids for the construction of the Rolling Hills & Tyler Estates Subdivision Sewer Extensions.
6. Resolution 2017-10 Resolution for Improvement by Municipality Under the Illinois Highway Code improving South Market Street from Marion Street to a point 157 feet north of Allen Street replacing existing curb & gutter, brick pavement, granular sub-base, sidewalks and some driveways. $760,000.00 appropriated for the improvement of said section from the municipality’s allotment of Motor Fuel Tax Funds.
7. Resolution 2017-11 Resolution for Maintenance of Streets and Highways by Municipality under the Illinois Highway Code appropriating the sum of $400,000.00 of Motor Fuel Tax funds for the purpose of maintaining streets and highways under the applicable provisions of the Illinois Highway Code from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
8. Council discussion of Morningside Phase 11 Subdivision.
9. Ordinance 3676 – An Ordinance pertaining to the impoundment of vehicles used in connection with illegal activities.
10. Marion Carnegie Library – Accept / approve resignation of Lucas Newton part-time Library Assistant (shelver) effective March 14, 2017.