AGENDA FOR 10 June 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ED DAVIS WITH VETERANS ON PARADE TO ANNOUNCE 2019 VETERANS ON PARADE
- PRESENTATION OF APPRECIATION TO BRUCE PLUMMER
- PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- a. HUB RECREATION CENTER
New Part-time Employee Recommendations – for existing positions
Gavin McCiuskie- Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Sydney Williams – Lifeguard $9.50/hour b. SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER
New Substitute for kitchen staff (Part-time, as needed) Carolyn Oliver- $10.00/hour
- c. MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
John Hafford – Part-time Custodian $ 9.00/hour
Brandyn McGhee – Part-time $ 9.00/hour d. Marion Carnegie Library
Taryn Sauerbrunn – Library Assistant$ 9.00/hour.
- e. Change Order #2 dated 5/31/2019 Stanford & Princeton Ave. Improvements Increase in Contract Price of $4,151.22.
f. SEWER DEPARTMENT
Change Order #1 dated 5/31/2019 5th Stand Brady Street Sanitary Sewer Improvements
Increase in Contract Price of $24,562.30. g. Water Department
Change order #1 The Hill Ave, & N. Carbon St. Roundabout Water Main
Increase in contract price- $47,068.84 Sierra Bravo & Increase in contract price – $ 22,094.88, 8″ line done by City Total increase to project Change #1 -$69,163.72.
- h. Minutes
Council approval of Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 05/28/2019.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Ordinance 3531 -Ordinance Providing for and Approving the Fifth Amendment to the Marion Heights TIF District Redevelopment Project Area, Plan & Projects.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Ordinance 3540- Ordinance rezoning property at 1834 N. Court Street from RA Rural Agriculture to C-1 General Commercial. Cameron McCurdy, Owner.
- Ordinance 3541 -rezoning property at 505 W. DeYoung from C-1 General Commercial to C-2 Highway Commercial. Josh Zettler, Owner.
- FIRE DEPARTMENT
Council approval of Evrard-Strang Pay-application No.2 $37,162.39 Apparatus Bay Addition – Fire Station.
- Council approval of SIMPO Grant application for 100% funding- FY 2021
Highway Safety Improvement Program -for preliminary design, engineering and construction for safety improvements at the intersection of 17′” Street and Outer Road in the City of Marion. Total project cost is estimated at
- ENTERPRISE ZONE
Ordinance 3542- Ordinance to add territory to the Williamson County Enterprise Zone.
- ANNEXATION Ordinance 3543
Greg and Sherry Starrick 1606 Broeking Road
- Ordinance 3503
Ordinance extending the authorization to Ameren Illinois Company dba Ameren Illinois to construct, operate and maintain an Electric Utility System in the City of Marion.
- Ordinance 3513
Ordinance extending the authorization to Ameren Illinois Company dba Ameren Illinois to construct, operate and maintain a Gas Utility System in the City of Marion.
- Compliance Review #76 covering the receipt and disbursement of MFT Funds by the City for the period beginning January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2017.
- Council approval to purchase new Exmark Mower
- Bid from F.B. McAfoos & Company with trade-in
- Bid from Little Tractor with trade-in $9,900.00 $8,458.00
- Council approval to purchase 4WD Compact Tractor with trade-in.
- Bid from F.B. McAfoos & Company $16,977.00
- BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
Kenya Morse Head Cook (in training) $9.00/hour Leianka Burwell Summer Program Assistant $9.00/hour Marquez Lilly- After School Prep Assistant $9.00/hour
- MISCELLANEOUS DISCUSSION
a.Council discussion/approval of library card fee rate for non-residents.
- Discussion on gaming licenses/liquor license prerequisite, and general public policy discussion as to regulation of these opportunities.
- Council discussion I suggestions setting legislative priorities for remainder of 2019.
- Closed/Executive Session (if needed) Litigation, Property, Personnel.
L Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative
tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting. 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(11) The purchase or lease of real property for the use of the public body.5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
- MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT